Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasonable deal

• 02-01-2013 1:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭

Guys i have my "broadband" with 3 on the national broadband scheme. Its been worse than normal lately.
    My other options are limited as eircom have no plans to upgrade our phone line to broadband. The only service they offer is dial up. Upc are not in my area either.
    I came across a crowd offering an alternative which looks good. This is what they are offering http://www.premierbb.ie/products.php

I would be interested in the airmax 3 or 7. Would the 7 be worth the extra money? I mainly use the net for browsing the likes of boards and other forums and playing my playstation online. I guess if I had a better connection I would it more for youtube etc.

Any advice welcome.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

It's a tenner a month for double the speed and higher cap; yea, it's worth it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

That's what I was thinking myself. Do you reckon it's good value?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

sean1141 wrote: »
    That's what I was thinking myself. Do you reckon it's good value?
    Compared to what you got? Yes. The ratio is not brilliant but you got the business broadband option if you need better (along with better upload) and it should beat what you got today.

See if you can work in a trial period or similar while you run both though as what they promise on the web may not reflect what they deliver (don't know the company and only being cautious).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

Its only showing up airmax for my area so i guess im limited to them. I haven't contacted them yet. I would need a trial or cooling off period at least.

Advertisement