Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Carrier Logo change on iPhone

• 02-01-2013 1:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭

I was reading an article on how to do this from here because the stock Vodafone_ie carrier name is too long. Anyway, after many fails I did get it using a nice prepared application for Mac. CarrierEdit is simple, explains what to do and allows you to drop a prepared png file onto the Window. It comes with a bunch of sample icons but I went with the Vodafone logo for a test and I'm happy with it.

Previously I used jailbreak tools to change this, but I'm running stock IOS now and this app does NOT require a jailbreak. Might be useful to add your name as the carrier logo which will help to ID your phone should you get the chance to recover it if stolen.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

I'd imagine 9/10 stolen iPhones are restored as soon as possible so using it to id an iPhone would be pointless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Tazium

It's a way to personalise the phone. There are already a bunch of sample logos included such as pacman, transformers, batman and more.

It's easy, won't damage the device and looks better than the stock vodafone_ie logo in the status bar, what's not to like?

Sample video

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

I don't think so, but if you want to pick one of the logos I can create the file for you. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Can you do one for O2?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

There is a windows version, I assumed it wouldn't work for Vodafone as I thought their logo was a line of txt not an image. Can you confirm OP that it works ok for Vodafone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

If anyones interested in changing the logo have a look at this thread on MacRumors, theres loads of different logos posted and a few network logos like 3 and O2.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1517270&highlight=carrier+logo

copacetic wrote: »
    There is a windows version, I assumed it wouldn't work for Vodafone as I thought their logo was a line of txt not an image. Can you confirm OP that it works ok for Vodafone?

Confirmed. The vodafone logo text is actually a png file.

Can you do one for O2?

Sure, pick a logo and let me know your carrier version. Settings ~ General ~ About ~ Carrier

You can use Pixlr.com to create a new text image if you like.

Size 120 x 40 Transparent. Use Helvetica Bold, the size needs to fit within the 120 x 40 window. Save it as a transparent png file.

For the etched version (visible when you open notification centre) you can right click on the layers box and choose Layer styles, then go for Outer Glow. Save that as a transparent png file and that's it. Those are the images you'll use for your carrier logo.

I've added some screengrabs to show ye.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Tazium wrote: »
    Confirmed. The vodafone logo text is actually a png file.

Cheers, and got windows version working with .net update, apple logo is annoyingly off centre but happy enough so far..

hzzs1.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

anyone get this working for 3?
    Tried it and still have the 3 logo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Sure, pick a logo and let me know your carrier version. Settings ~ General ~ About ~ Carrier

O2 13.0

Thanks

O2 13.0

Thanks

Here you go, try it out. Extract the zip to get the 13.1 ipcc file. Hold Ctrl while clicking restore in iTunes and select the file. Then reboot the the phone. The carrier settings will update to 13.1 and you'll hopefully have the logo picture rather than the text.

Blazer wrote: »
    anyone get this working for 3?
    Tried it and still have the 3 logo.

3 are listed in the app ok, what png did you try?

CarrierEdit for mac was updated to 1.06. If you are trying on Windows, pass me the png files and I'll compile it for you on Mac to see if it makes a difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

can you easily revert to the carrier string if you don't like the image you choose?

3 are listed in the app ok, what png did you try?

hutchington.ie or something like that..I tried a bmw one that I got from a site..will try another logo tonight..
    nah no joy...for the logo do I put it in both boxes? (select logo from file)..
    it creates the logo and I apply it within itunes ..nada ..even after reboot etc..

if someone doesn't mind can they do me one for 3 ireland just to see if I'm doing somethign wrong..anything at all ..apple logo or whatever :)

can you easily revert to the carrier string if you don't like the image you choose?

According to the instructions, yes you can revert. The tool creates an original ipcc that can be restored along with the new logo one you choose.

• Advertisement

hutchington.ie or something like that..I tried a bmw one that I got from a site..will try another logo tonight..
    nah no joy...for the logo do I put it in both boxes? (select logo from file)..
    it creates the logo and I apply it within itunes ..nada ..even after reboot etc..

if someone doesn't mind can they do me one for 3 ireland just to see if I'm doing somethign wrong..anything at all ..apple logo or whatever :)

What version?

originally 13.0..
    now showing 13.2 after 2 failed attempts :)

thanks

originally 13.0..
    now showing 13.2 after 2 failed attempts :)

thanks

Attached v13.3 with Apple Logo for ya. Extract it and use the ctrl+restore click to upload it.

Attached 13.1 Apple Logo for Meteor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Attached 13.1 Apple Logo for Meteor.

Can I use that logo for the Meteor 12.0? if not could you create 1 for me please?

Thanks

Attached v13.3 with Apple Logo for ya. Extract it and use the ctrl+restore click to upload it.

thanks mate..I'll give that a shot :)

hey hey..taht worked perfectly after a reboot :D
    I'm guessing you did this on a mac and not a windows machine? :)

thanks mate..I'll give that a shot :)

hey hey..taht worked perfectly after a reboot :D
    I'm guessing you did this on a mac and not a windows machine? :)

That's great, chuffed it worked for you. It was done on a Mac.

nava wrote: »
    Can I use that logo for the Meteor 12.0? if not could you create 1 for me please?

Thanks

You can use the same one Nava. So long as the ipcc version is higher than what you have currently.

• Advertisement

Advertisement