Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wolverine tatt...hmmm....

• 02-01-2013 2:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭

I know I have a lot of "work-in-progress" tatts at the minute, but I seen this today and it's just too tempting to NOT get it done. Opinions?

234621.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I think that'd be awesome. It's a cool pic.

As an idea I'd be tempted to get uv ink done to show the adamantium skeleton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Orim wrote: »
    I think that'd be awesome. It's a cool pic.

As an idea I'd be tempted to get uv ink done to show the adamantium skeleton.

Oooohhhhhh, GREAT idea! So many ideas, not enough time or money!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

And the not enough space problem. I never really wanted a sleeve but now I feel like I need a third arm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,210 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

What makes that picture (and Japanese ink works in general) look good is how it is all compiled of quick, gestural strokes.

To have such a thing translated into a tattoo would be extremely difficult to get right. In most cases it will probably come out looking similar, but static and lacking all the life of an ink and brush drawing like that. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Getting it done hand poked could sort that out, but again, as you're dealing with skin as opposed to paper, the fine detail and patches of dots could blur a bit over time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

DO IT.

its a pretty cool pic.i have one of wolverine floating on the "i'll show you mine.." thread that i got when my son Logan was born

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

I just emailed the pic to my tattooist, he reckons he could do it. :D We're gonna wait til he does some more on my horror sleeve though. :cool:

Advertisement