Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Visa Question

• 02-01-2013 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm going to be backpacking around Asia from mid-March to July. My rough outline of a plan involves flying to Nepal; trekking for a couple of weeks and then flying to Northern China and from there working my way overland to South East Asia. (I will not being going to Tibet)

The visa requirements on the Chinese embassy site state that I must have proof of my flights in and out of the country and account for where I will be staying during my trip. If pushed I could book the flight from Nepal to China before I go but I don't intend on flying out of China. I also don't want to create a months worth of hotel/hostel bookings.

Has anyone had similar plans and if so how did you go about getting your visa? Is it better to get the visa sorted in Ireland or Nepal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭nemesisdg

I don't think they care about you're entry and exit methods (too much). I cant remember if they asked for flight numbers.

What they do like it dates and times and when you are here where you will be staying. I don't think its the end of the world if you're off by a day or so on your internal parts.

But then again it is China. So I tried to be as specific as possible.

A positive of having to do this is you plan your trip that bit more.

Enjoy yourself. Go and see the terracotta warriors in Xi'an.

I did it all before I left for peace of mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

It depends on the mood of your embassy/consulate staff member. I only got a 30 day visa at first as I had no exit metod (wanted 60 but got 30), had no issue when I went to extend it (in China).

• Registered Users Posts: 2 GoinTravellin

Axel Lamp wrote: »
    It depends on the mood of your embassy/consulate staff member. I only got a 30 day visa at first as I had no exit metod (wanted 60 but got 30), had no issue when I went to extend it (in China).
    Did you provide an itinerary / hotel bookings for 30 days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

Did you provide an itinerary / hotel bookings for 30 days?

No, all I had was my entry ticket (train from Mongolia to Beijing). Even if they just give you 30 days, it's very easy to get another 30 days visa when in China.

Advertisement