Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painting newly plastered garage walls

• 02-01-2013 2:10pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Folks
    I am not sure if skim is the same as mortar, but with regards my shed inside, I plastered it there, single coat of plaster about 10 days ago.
    What is the earliest I can paint it? I presume a watered down coat and then a full coat.

Its just a garage where my workshop, car garage is.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,846 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

yop wrote: »
    Folks
    I am not sure if skim is the same as mortar, but with regards my shed inside, I plastered it there, single coat of plaster about 10 days ago.
    What is the earliest I can paint it? I presume a watered down coat and then a full coat.

Its just a garage where my workshop, car garage is.

Thanks

Rule of thumb is 1 day per 1mm.

Is it blotchy or all uniform in colour?

I would go for the watered down coat and then full coat like you describe.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

mfceiling wrote: »
    Rule of thumb is 1 day per 1mm.

Is it blotchy or all uniform in colour?

I would go for the watered down coat and then full coat like you describe.

It wouldn't be uniform, but that could be down to my "delboy" mixes too :)
    I am no pro plasterer but know enough to get the garage walls done :)

The 1st wall I did has been done 18 days. The last wall has been done 12 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,846 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Probably ok to paint.

Are there any obvious damp spots on the walls (darker patches than the rest?)

Advertisement