Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Macbook to iPad?

• 02-01-2013 2:31pm

I'm considering getting an ipad 2 as an interim 'replacement' for my macbook that's just bitten the bullet, mainly because I can't afford a macbook right now, and tbh I only used it when I had it for internet browsing etc. I don't know anyone who has one but from trying them out at stores they seem to do most things (bar the flash issue).

So for anyone who has an ipad 2, is there anything it doesn't do that you now wish it did? I know they're not intended to replace computers as the functionality is nowhere near as good, but for browsing and online shopping and the like, do they do everything you needed them to?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

This question comes up a lot and it inspires the usual wide variety of responses. It's difficult to answer because we don't know your computer usage, what websites you visit, etc. You could get by perfectly fine with an iPad, or then again you might not. It really depends on your own personal usage.

You'll probably be able to manage, but with certain websites it may be very awkward and you'll miss not having a computer with keyboard/mouse. You need to be prepared for this. The problem isn't really with the limited functionality of the iPad but more so with the fact that many web developers haven't really tested their sites with iOS, or have provided a very limited mobile site.

Advertisement