Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windscreen cover and no claims bonus protection

Options
  • 02-01-2013 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭

Hey,

My policy has been with Quinn/Yourselves for 6 odd years.

I recently changed my car and rang up to transfer my policy. I went from third party to fully comp. I asked the guy on the phone do I have windscreen cover, he said no and that if I wanted to add it, I'd have to wait till my next renewal (2nd of June), he said the same about no claims bonus protection.

I saw an add on tv last night for liberty insurance and its an ad going on about how great fully comp is with liberty. Windscreen cover etc.

Sooooo is windscreen cover and no claims bonus protection something not included in full comp cover? Do i really need to wait till my renewal to add these to my policy?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Liberty Insurance: Aine

Hi Gone Drinking

We have recently improved our comprehensive cover to include windscreen cover as standard, as well as other benefits such as Better Car Replacement (you can see more details here).
    What’s included in your individual policy will depend on the start date of the policy, as these benefits have been introduced at different times. If you PM your details we can confirm exactly what cover you have.
    No claims bonus protection is an optional extra on all our policies where you have 4 or more years no claims bonus, so you will only have this cover if you opted for it when you started or renewed your policy. Step back no claims discount protection is included as standard. Let me know if you need any more details on this.

Aine

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭j1979p

This has happened to me too when I tried to upgrade to Fully Comp today. Can I ask how exactly I can get windscreen cover added because I don't want to have to wait until next November?

• Company Representative Posts: 235 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Sean

j1979p wrote: »
    This has happened to me too when I tried to upgrade to Fully Comp today. Can I ask how exactly I can get windscreen cover added because I don't want to have to wait until next November?
    Hi j1979p
    Can you PM me your policy details and I will arrange for someone to look into this and contact you?
    Regards
    Seán

Advertisement