Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going shorter and maybe faster.

• 02-01-2013 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

Decided to ditch the old log as the title was a bit out of date and havent come close to running that time. 2012 wasnt a great year with London been the highlight and lowlight. No plans to run a Marathon in the short term maybe in 12-18 months I will, I was tempted to sign up to Dublin and Kildare but have decided not to for now. Maybe sprin 2014 I might give it a go again.
    For 2013 the plan is to race no more then 10ks, might run half marathons to keep the miles up but they wont be the focus.

For now the plan is to get the 2 mile and 5k times back down to where they should be. Curently the pb's are 11:30 3k 12:34 2 mile and 20:33-5 not sure 5k , 35:15 5 mile from a few years ago, these were off a few good months running and 4 weeks of sessions 8,10,12 x 400m (that resulted in injury) so for no no session, just fartlek and some tempo until the spring.
    Have had a nice christmas with a few runs here and there but nothing crazy, and put together a list of things to change in 2013.
    1. sleep more
    2. Eat less
    3. Drink more (h20)
    4. Drink less beer.
    5. Stretch more.
    6. run faster - when needed
    7. run slower - when needed
    8. Race smarter.
    9. work less.
    10. Join a feckin club.

All going well the races I'll target will be Clonliff 2 mile in May, Mid summer 5k , K club 10k and Donboyne 5mile but will play them by ear.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

I read your new log title and one thing sprung to mind ....................... Penis reduction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

TRR wrote: »
    I read your new log title and one thing sprung to mind ....................... Penis reduction.
    Your one sick puppy ;) but your right it is a bit on the large side.

1st Jan 2013
    4 miles easy to get all the beer and food out of the system, wasnt a bad christmas diet wise and managed to stay of the drink on New years eve.

2nd January 2013
    5 miles run at lunch time, nothing much to report on this one.

3rd January 2013
    Really crap night sleep work at 5 am and couldn't get back to sleep, at 5:45 decided to get out and got 4 miles in before work. Not a fan of early morning but glad I got out the door. Will sleep later for sure.

Haven't logged in a while but things are starting to progress a bit, Getting out most days and will spend the rest of this month just getting into the habit of run 6 days a week again.

Will sort out club membership in the next week and start getting out with some groups again as its the only way to go.

Advertisement