Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it too late?

• 02-01-2013 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

I am in my first year of college and I do not like my course at all.It wasn't my first choice . Is it too late for me to sign up to do the leaving cert again. Would I have to wait until next year? any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,237 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It's not too late to sign up as an external student for the 2013 exams, the forms will be online tomorrow, but consider other options first as dropping out of college is a bit drastic.

Can you switch into a more suitable course within your college?
    Can you switch after first or even second year? Is there a graduate path into the course you want?

If applying as an external. some subjects have components for which deadlines are close or already gone, so check your timetables (.pdf file).

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Fhfm

Thanks for your reply. I've decided not to bother. I wouldn't be able to cover all the poets and the play in time .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,237 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Can you talk to someone in your college about being unhappy in your course?
    There are always other routes to other courses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

Fhfm wrote: »
    I wouldn't be able to cover all the poets and the play in time .

Keep in mind, you don't necessarily have to do English in your repeat year. You can pick any six subjects you like provided you have the entry requirements for the course you plan to do. Worth bearing in mind :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭siobhan93

Can you switch from a course in one college to a different course in another college a certain way or do you just have to apply on the cao? Even if you completed the year in the course?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Fhfm

I don't think there is much point in talking to anyone because I don't think there's anything they can really do

The course I missed was science and I don't think there's another way in.. at least not to my knowledge

I can't switch colleges either as I dont have the points for the courses i want there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

You could do a PLC course in Science this September, and get in the year after?

It's totally possible also to repeat the LC at this stage, just be aware of subject deadlines. And get working straight away, just five and a bit more months left to the LC.

Best of luck with it. :)

Advertisement