If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BenQ W1070 Full HD, 3D Ready projector

Options
  • 02-01-2013 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,366 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if you stock this particular model (BenQ W1070). It's getting pretty good reviews all over the web, but I can only see W1200 on your .co.uk site.

And if you do stock it, what is it selling for? (I can collect from Belfast if you have it in stock)

Thanks a million!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

positron wrote: »
    Hi,

Just wondering if you stock this particular model (BenQ W1070). It's getting pretty good reviews all over the web, but I can only see W1200 on your .co.uk site.

And if you do stock it, what is it selling for? (I can collect from Belfast if you have it in stock)

Thanks a million!

Positron,

thanks a million for the opportunity to quote - we don't currently stock the W1070 but I've asked our purchasing guys if we can grab one and as soon as I get a response I'll revert to you..

Thanks again and keep me posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,366 ✭✭✭positron

That would be great, and thank you for the quick and helpful feedback John.

PS: Just to give you all the insider info / competition advantage etc up front -- the best price I saw online for BenQ W1070 from a European source (which I believe you usually attempt to price match or better) is around 682 euro + 10 euro shipping. I can PM you the site / link if you want me to? And for comparison, Amazon.co.uk lists the same projector for around £680 sterling, and at RicherSounds UK W1200, which is different but similarly featured (as far as I can tell) projector is listed for £900+.

positron wrote: »
    That would be great, and thank you for the quick and helpful feedback John.

PS: Just to give you all the insider info / competition advantage etc up front -- the best price I saw online for BenQ W1070 from a European source (which I believe you usually attempt to price match or better) is around 682 euro + 10 euro shipping. I can PM you the site / link if you want me to? And for comparison, Amazon.co.uk lists the same projector for around £680 sterling, and at RicherSounds UK W1200, which is different but similarly featured (as far as I can tell) projector is listed for £900+.

Positron,

as soon as I get some news on the 1070 I'll have a look but we don't normally price beat special orders - on the positive side though if you were interested in the W1200 I'd happily knock a (few) quid off on a Boardie special..

Thanks again and I'll keep you posted,

ATVB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Okay, thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

this is available on your website now.

Have you any opinion of this projector?

Is it worth spending a bit extra on one of the others in store, eg the benq w1200, optoma hd33??

• Advertisement

Quick correction to what I said earlier John@RS, the €682 price now shows BenQ W1060, and the cheapest W1070 now I can see is around 750, which is also showing temporarily out of stock.

As eamondunhpy mentioned above, RS.co.uk now lists W1070 for £699.95 - it's decent price indeed. Thanks John. My small fund has temporarily been diverted to something else in the meantime, but I hope to come back here if I ever buy one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Marcus

£699.95 - http://www.richersounds.com/product/projectors/benq/w1070/benq-w1070

John is this now in stock? If not what's the lead time on ordering one?

Guys apologies for the delay getting back to you. (esp Positron!):o

I have not played with the 1070 personally - but they are back in stock in limited quantities at £699.95 and by all accounts they really are a cracking projector for the money!

I should have some stock locally within the week and we will crack one and give it a spin!

I'll do free delivery on the 1070 as well for Boardies if anyone would like to grab one..

http://www.richersounds.com/product/projectors/benq/w1070/benq-w1070

Thanks again and keep me posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭barry75

Hi John

Was looking on your newsletter Issue 472.You have the Benq W1070 for £649.95 now is this available in your store in Ireland at this price?

Thanks Barry

barry75 wrote: »
    Hi John

Was looking on your newsletter Issue 472.You have the Benq W1070 for £649.95 now is this available in your store in Ireland at this price?

Thanks Barry
    Barry,

thanks for the post - the in-store retail has dropped no problem but we are really low on stock at the moment - I'll get on to our UK cousins this morning and see if there is any free stock floating around that I can nab and get back to you asap. (good spotting BTW!)

As soon as we get stock - there is no problem on the price - we always match the UK product pricing.. 

Thanks again,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement

Hi John
    For getting back so soon,Been on the outlook for a 3D projector for a while.And this one seems to get good reviews.If you can nab one that floating around would be great.

Thanks for your help

Barry

Hi John
    For getting back so soon,Been on the outlook for a 3D projector for a while.And this one seems to get good reviews.If you can nab one that floating around would be great.

Thanks for your help

Barry
    Barry,

no problem - I should have some news on delivery in the next 24 hours - apologies for the delay..
    ATVB,

John Mc

Guys,

apologies for the delay - best advice I can get so far is that we will def have them in Feb - I'm trying to tie a delivery date down a bit tighter and I'll keep you posted but I'll throw in free shipping for the delay and your patience!

Thanks and keep me posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc

Hi John

Just a quick one ,Would I need to upgrade my hdmi cable to 1.4 to work with this projector for a 3d picture?Have you heard what date in Feb you will have delivery?

Thanks
    Barry

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi John

Just a quick one ,Would I need to upgrade my hdmi cable to 1.4 to work with this projector for a 3d picture?Have you heard what date in Feb you will have delivery?

Thanks
    Barry

Hi Barry,

I've found some newer 1.3 rated HDMI cables have been fine with 3D.  If you're going to be running the projector from an amp I'd recommend upgrading to a 1.4 cable for the 3D pass through on the amp.

I'll chase John when he's back in the office on delivery dates.

Chris

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.