Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead (1st person shooter one)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

It doesnt look promising at all. Looks like a pretty dull FPS with zombies.

Also seems to be based off the tv series which isnt a good sign either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

For the crowd who thought Telltale's game didn't have enough guns. Hope it turns out sh*t just to prove a good f*cking brilliant story can result in GOTY and not because it has 86 types of machine gun*.

*I know it won't have 86 machine guns but there is just no need for this game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

I'm generally pretty tolerant of screen tearing but god damn... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

That looks like a 2005 game that someone released a still-in-progress hi-res texture pack from a mod site.

Animations are horrific, makes it look like it's in alpha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

When's it due out? There's no point in ****ting all over it if there's still a great deal of development to do.

The zombies do look very plasticky though...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Yet another FPS game. Yawn. Plus the tearing is horrific!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Looks like a crappier version of Dead Island to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

wow it looks like a half life 2 mod or something and that's being kind, if this was an xbox arcade / psn release then maybe but isn't it a full retail release???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,491 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

where can I get plastic hair like that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

Looks awful. The Zombies all look like plastic animated dolls, and I just can't conceive why they would release a trailer with so much screen tearing. The shame is people will buy it just because they see The Walking Dead on the box.

I don't even think Terminal Reality are to blame here, I can only imagine that after seeing the success of Telltale's Walking Dead along with the success of the show that Activision wanted to cash in as quickly as possible. So TR were given a crappy budget and a short time frame to get it to completion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Word today is that the trailer isn't official and was a fan-made one consisted of shìtty footage.

Explains why anyone would have brutal screen-tearing in a release.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Looks like very early footage....

I like the idea of sneaking around and trying to survive, but I have low expectations of Activision to deliver anything more than Zombie hack n slash, which will never do the name justice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

That cant be legit. Looks very "amateur" even for early stages of game development.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

It doesnt look promising at all. Looks like a pretty dull FPS with zombies.

Also seems to be based off the tv series which isnt a good sign either.

If you can kill all the annoying tv show characters it'd be worth playing it just for that :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Heres an article from penny arcade about it.

Turns out it wasnt supposed to have been released at all and is only in an early development phase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Heres an article from penny arcade about it.

Turns out it wasnt supposed to have been released at all and is only in an early development phase.

Nice little explanation.

I blame dreamers75 though for leading us down the wrong path :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

The Telltale Walking Dead game didn't have amazing graphics, but it had beautifully thought out characters, extremely solid voice acting, intense decisions, and superb dialogue. So how it looked came second to how it ... felt. But this. This looks just like a generic FPS rather than anything special. And I somewhat feel like having the voice actors in might actually do a disservice, whereas the Telltale had new and different characters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

The Telltale Walking Dead game didn't have amazing graphics, but it had beautifully thought out characters, extremely solid voice acting, intense decisions, and superb dialogue. So how it looked came second to how it ... felt. But this. This looks just like a generic FPS rather than anything special. And I somewhat feel like having the voice actors in might actually do a disservice, whereas the Telltale had new and different characters.

Graphics fit the game , Telltales worked for it tbh.

Dont see this one working out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

dreamers75 wrote: »

Can't tell much from that short trailer tbh

• Advertisement

And when I thought this couldn't get more generic, the preorder bonus is a 'Herd Mode Challenge'. Take on endless waves of zombies. Telltale will be kicking themselves for not thinking of that!

Ah this could be okay, and if it gets good enough reviews I might pick it up but I just don't like way some suit asked his board whats hot on tv and they said walking dead. Then he asked who's everyones favourite character and they said Daryl. So he said make a FPS walking dead game about daryl and wait for the money to roll in.

Also, it's weird how this is out next month but we know very bery little about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,491 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

is the herd mode a mini-game to get Carl back into the house?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Also, it's weird how this is out next month but we know very bery little about it.
    All signs point to this being a rushed piece of **** trying to make a quick buck from the popularity of The Walking Dead.It'll be half price after 2 weeks and forgotten about after a week.

So... this is out tomorrow in the US and it just got a launch trailer but no preview or review copies were passed to the media.... hhhhmmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was gonna post the same thing but couldn't find the thread. :)

Yeah, usually people say embargoes are placed on reviews of crap games, but what does it say when the game hasn't even been sent for review?

Is there any game that's happened for that has got good reviews?

1st 30 mins of gameplay, looks a bit crap. Some interesting ideas with fuel and resources but really looks thrown together. Wouldn't mind giving it a go, but not for 40-50 quid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,962 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Jesus, that looks fairly horrific. Even Daryl's voice acting sounds pretty poor.

Yeah, he's great in the tv show but the voice acting sounds awful. Bad writing doesn't help things. Here is another vid and I do want to give it a go. Saw its 54 quid in gamestop, thats mental for something that should have been a PS2/PSN game.

Just watching that video now.. dunno what to think. They're trying to use elements used in Dead Island, with some pretty poor voice acting (Redus just sounds bored), terrible fighting (why can't you just kill them easier with melee weapons), and a glitch or two to top it off. I love the fact that he can carry a knife (at an awkward as eff angle), hold a flashlight, and still pick up objects (like energy drinks), without either moving or fluctuating. Where is the flashlight attached?!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

reviews are trickling out now. Its going to challenge Alien Colonial marines for worst game of the year it seems.

Advertisement