Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PM not sending properly

Options
  • 02-01-2013 4:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭

I've been trying to send a pm. Everything seems to work okay, the process goes through the motions. The pm apparently sends but when I go to my sent box it's not there plus the intended recipient doesn't receive it.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,244 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Did you change the options to save PMs in the sent box? Did you use a receipt notification?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

Spear wrote: »
    Did you change the options to save PMs in the sent box? Did you use a receipt notification?
    No I never changed anything, have sent messages without any problems before. I use my phone generally so I don't really have full site settings readily available to change.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,244 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/profile.php?do=editoptions

halfway down, turn on the keep a copy in sent messages option. Do you have the "request read receipt" option below the editor for a new PM?

Everything seems to be in order there, still makes no difference though.

Does the intended recipient have you on ignore? Do you receive the read receipt?

• Advertisement

Spear wrote: »
    Does the intended recipient have you on ignore? Do you receive the read receipt?
    I'm definitely not on ignore on the other end. The messages are not being received even.

I can't see or test anything from my end, so I'll need the devs to check this further.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Boards.ie: Rónán

Hi King Krib

Is this the case for all users you attempt to PM, or just one particular user? You can try PM me there to check if you'd like.

If it's a case it's one particular user could you send me on their username or userid please?

Thanks

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement