Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two new PR visas released today

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

The caps apply whether or not people have a qualifying offer of employment or a certificate of qualification from a provincial or territorial apprenticeship authority.

Does this mean that an Irish trade qualification is sufficient??

• Registered Users Posts: 11 kev33

In the canadian experience class,under determine eligibility, it states that 12 months of work experience is required, but when you click on the 'see if you qualify as a worker' on the menu to the left it says you need '2 years experience as a foreign worker'. Is it 2 years or 12 months, Im probably 2-3 months short of the 2 years, But i have my canadian electrical license and work experience

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

i think that might be a hangover from the previous criteria which has just changed.
    all ive heard from people and lawyers is that it was 2 years, and has now changed to one year for 2013.

I dont like this language requirement though...I can't sit any test for it until March, putting me back 2 months at least before I can apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

retalivity wrote: »
    i think that might be a hangover from the previous criteria which has just changed.
    all ive heard from people and lawyers is that it was 2 years, and has now changed to one year for 2013.

I dont like this language requirement though...I can't sit any test for it until March, putting me back 2 months at least before I can apply.

Is this for the ielts test? Is it needed for the CEC? What score do you need.

from the site:
    If you gained your skilled work experience in Canada in a NOC 0 or A job, you must meet the minimum level of CLB 7 in either English or French for all four language abilities.

If you gained your skilled work experience in Canada in a NOC B job, you must meet the minimum level of CLB 5 in either English or French for all four language abilities.

If you do not meet the minimum language skills needed for your NOC category, we will refuse your application.

You must take a language test from an agency approved by CIC and include the results when you apply. If you do not, we will not process your application and we will return your fees.

You will not have another chance to prove your language proficiency. The visa officer will only use test results that you provide when you apply.

Also, details on the tests here. IELTS is one that can be taken, along with CELPIP.

Ive already got my job, and have been working at it for 18 months, and now I have to take a test to prove I can speak good enough english to do it??

• Advertisement

Bump.

For people looking to apply to the Canadian Experience Class, ive filled out the forms and have also been on the phone with the CIC and got a few questions answered:
    • The principal applicant only needs to do the English test - no exceptions. Even though I worked as an English teacher, i still have to do it. I did a sample test online...it is piss.
    • You need to get police certs of everyhwere youve lived in the past 10 years, although the application can be submitted without these and they can be sent on at a later date.
    • Be prepared to document everywhere youve been for the last 10 years....where you've lived (addresses), where youve worked, making sure there are no gaps in what you are doing, stating when you were unemployed, etc.

I've booked my test for Mar 2nd (CELPIP is booked out in Ontario until March...not sure about IELTS. And its $285!!!!!) so i cant actually submit my application til then. Will post more info as I go through the process...

Advertisement