Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa waiver ??? Worried and confused

Options
  • 02-01-2013 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

I travelled to the USA in october for 5 days(holiday), my passport was stamped with the visa waiver thing and it says it expires on the janurary 19 2013

now my issue is im heading to the states(holiday again) january 12th and leaving january 22nd!

Will i get a renewed 90 day visa waiver or does anybody have any experience with this! Ive had a google around but not much info!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Your visa waiver is for one trip only so it expires on the date indicated or on the day you travel home, whichever occurs first. You will get a new one on your next trip, you have nothing to worry about.

Just make sure that your ESTA is current on the day you travel.

Edit: The exception to the above is if you make a short trip to Canada, Mexico or one of the 'adjacent islands' in which case you are allowed re-enter the US on the original authorisation you got under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP). If you depart the US and go to any other country, the travel authorisation you got under the VWP is considered to have expired so you will be treated as a 'new' tourist next time you present at a port of entry.

VWP travelers who have been admitted under the Visa Waiver Program and who make a short trip to Canada, Mexico or an adjacent island generally can be readmitted to the United States under the VWP for the balance of their original admission period.

Advertisement