Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom 24mb

Options
  • 02-01-2013 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have Eircom in house, it is supposed to be 24mb, done speed tests at various times during the day, and night over the past few months we've had it, even at really late hours such as 3am where there is no traffic and not once I have ever gotten anything even NEAR 20mb on my speedtest, on average I'm getting 8-12mb, most times it is A LOT less & on the rare occasion I might get 12 mb for a 2 hours and it will drop again, upload speed is 0.5mb which isn't very good either considering I cannot stream my call of duty black ops 2 game to YouTube unless there is a basic 1.5mb upload speed. Were getting massive bills for a service that isn't being provided, and only once have we received our half price offer we had signed up for 6 months for? Considering we have paid a few bills now, for a service/ product that is non existent, are we entitled to a rebate, or deduction off the bill, free downgrade to 8mb on the bill, or cancellation free of charge?? It's beyond a joke that your aloud sell a product, branded 'ultimate' broadband, that is "triple" your NGB product, and not be able to provide it. Paying over €70pm for this service which includes phone, and line rental, is a joke considering for 50euro, UPC offer CONSTANT 50mb broadband with unlimited free international landline calls.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ckeogh

can i get a reply??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Harry Deerpark

ckeogh wrote: »
    can i get a reply??
    It's "up to 24 mb", not 24 mb guaranteed. Eircom use copper wires which are distance-effected - the further away you are from the exchange, the slower your connection.

For better upload speeds, you'll need to wait for the fiber rollout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi ckeogh

Would you like to PM your landline number to me? I will look into this further.

Regards

Al

Advertisement