Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching B of I branches?

Options
  • 02-01-2013 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

Hi,

we have had our B of I accounts in a Dublin branch for many years - due to work etc - but moved back to Kerry fulltime a while ago.
    Now when we go to our local branch we often get the line -- "your accounts are in X branch so we can't discuss details of them here." etc

We were given some forms to switch accounts - as in the case of from Bank to another - but is it the same arrangements for within B of I?
    I'm a bit confused and I wasn't getting many answers to my questions.

So - in short - is it necessary to "switch branches?" When the accounts are still with B of I? We have changed address for correspondance etc long ago.

If we do switch do we get "new" account numbers? We were given forms to inform our employers so that payments could be made to the "new" accounts.

We have several long-term savings accounts - will these continue under the same conditions - or are they new accounts as well?

One of our salaries is paid into a deposit account -- possible many many years ago and as a previous arrangement it was left stand - will that change?

I asked these and more but to be very honest the person in the Kerry bank didnt seem to have a notion about any of the answers -- very pleasant, keen to have the business etc etc ,,, but that was it - "read the forms and you'll see it all" was the parting comment.

Am not impressed at the moment.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi lottpaul.

Apologies for the delay in our reply to you.

It is not necessary to switch bank branches, however some queries may only be handled by your account holding branch.

If you do decide to go ahead and make the switch between bank branches, you will indeed receive new account numbers.

Depending on the types of savings accounts you hold, it may not be possible for them to continue under the same terms they are currently on. Without knowing the exact account types, it would be hard for us to comment here.
    Please contact the Personal Advisor in the branch you intend to switch to and they will be happy to discuss all options available to you.

Thanks for your post.
    Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭lottpaul

however some queries may only be handled by your account holding branch.

If you do decide to go ahead and make the switch between bank branches, you will indeed receive new account numbers.

Depending on the types of savings accounts you hold, it may not be possible for them to continue under the same terms they are currently on.

Thats disappointing.

At present we have some large amounts in different long terms savings accounts and to change branches therefore would mean that we would have new accounts, lose interest etc.

Equally it's hardly practical to make a special trip to Dublin for a brief discussion in a branch there re e.g. what to do when one account reaches its "maturity" etc. It's baffling as to why we can't do that in
    another branch where we are regular and long-standing customers.

We'll be taking a long look at our options.

Thanks for the reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi lottpaul.

We apologise we could not be any more help to you in this instance as the majority of your query is account specific.

If you would like to PM us with your name and contact number we can certainly arrange for the Personal Advisor to contact you directly. Please be sure to include the name of the branch you are currently with along with the name of the branch you intend on moving to.

Thanks.
    Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭lottpaul

Hi Laura,
    thanks for that.

We'll have a think about things and get back to you if we have any other queries.

Thanks again

Advertisement