If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New TV and some speaker cable

Options
  • 02-01-2013 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    My sister in law is looking for a new tv. Around the 47" size with DLNA. No 3D. Budget around £500ish, might stretch a bit more. Looked on your site there and saw the Panasonic 47" E5B and the Philips 47" 4007. Have the 50" VT50 panasonic and looks like the E5B has similar smart features to my tv?

For myself, I'll be needing quite a bit of speaker cable. The MA Radius HD have been moved to their new home in the attic and the cable lengths I have cut dont cover all speaker locations. Trying to figure out what cable I got off you guys in the past and think it was the Ultra Micro CA (looks like whats written on the cable). Didnt realise it was 2.99/m! Could need anything from 20-40m! Any suggestions welcome :D

Cheers!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

chris_ie wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    My sister in law is looking for a new tv. Around the 47" size with DLNA. No 3D. Budget around £500ish, might stretch a bit more. Looked on your site there and saw the Panasonic 47" E5B and the Philips 47" 4007. Have the 50" VT50 panasonic and looks like the E5B has similar smart features to my tv?

For myself, I'll be needing quite a bit of speaker cable. The MA Radius HD have been moved to their new home in the attic and the cable lengths I have cut dont cover all speaker locations. Trying to figure out what cable I got off you guys in the past and think it was the Ultra Micro CA (looks like whats written on the cable). Didnt realise it was 2.99/m! Could need anything from 20-40m! Any suggestions welcome :D

Chris,

long time no see etc!

Yep the 47E5 is actually a cracking TV for £549 and there is very little to touch it - it does not have a full browser built in (which the 50VT50 does have) but it is DLNA no problem

The 47PFL4007 is also DLNA but does feature a browser as standard and it looks and sounds excellent - its a 200Hz PMR and also features USB recording and an additional USB socket over the Panasonic - I'm a Philips fan so I would personally go for the Philips just on the basis of the picture & audio quality over the 47e5 but at the £549 price (which is £200 off) there are only a few in stock and if you wanted to consider grabbing one - I wouldn't hang around - but if you miss them don't worry the Pana is of course excellent as well! Have a look at the full spec here:

http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/4/47pfl4007h_12/47pfl4007h_12_pss_aen.pdf

On the cable front - here is a link to the Ultra Micro: http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-cables/cambridge-audio/ultra-micro/audi-ultramicro-200m

If you can measure out how much you need - I'll do you a price on it and of course if you are purchasing it with a Telly - I'll work you out a GREAT price ;)

Thanks again and keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭chris_ie

Chris,

long time no see etc!

Yep the 47E5 is actually a cracking TV for £549 and there is very little to touch it - it does not have a full browser built in (which the 50VT50 does have) but it is DLNA no problem

The 47PFL4007 is also DLNA but does feature a browser as standard and it looks and sounds excellent - its a 200Hz PMR and also features USB recording and an additional USB socket over the Panasonic - I'm a Philips fan so I would personally go for the Philips just on the basis of the picture & audio quality over the 47e5 but at the £549 price (which is £200 off) there are only a few in stock and if you wanted to consider grabbing one - I wouldn't hang around - but if you miss them don't worry the Pana is of course excellent as well! Have a look at the full spec here:

http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/4/47pfl4007h_12/47pfl4007h_12_pss_aen.pdf

On the cable front - here is a link to the Ultra Micro: http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-cables/cambridge-audio/ultra-micro/audi-ultramicro-200m

If you can measure out how much you need - I'll do you a price on it and of course if you are purchasing it with a Telly - I'll work you out a GREAT price ;)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Will find out tomorrow which TV it is to be. Only thing I think that might lean towards the Panasonic would be Netflix. Has a Netflix app come out yet for the Philips? But in saying that they arent 100% sure if they'd get Netflix so will let you know tomorrow which one they want.

Regarding the cable, just measured there and the lengths that I have cut will cover the front right, left and center speakers. But the rears speakers have a bit of distance to travel attic floor, up walls etc. So will need around 20m or so, say 22m to make sure ;) The cable I have looks the same as what the link you gave and says Ultra Micro Loudspeaker cable (Cambridge Audio) on the cable.

Cheers.

Will find out tomorrow which TV it is to be. Only thing I think that might lean towards the Panasonic would be Netflix. Has a Netflix app come out yet for the Philips? But in saying that they arent 100% sure if they'd get Netflix so will let you know tomorrow which one they want.

Regarding the cable, just measured there and the lengths that I have cut will cover the front right, left and center speakers. But the rears speakers have a bit of distance to travel attic floor, up walls etc. So will need around 20m or so, say 22m to make sure ;) The cable I have looks the same as what the link you gave and says Ultra Micro Loudspeaker cable (Cambridge Audio) on the cable.

Cheers.

The 4007 does not have a dedicated Netflix app at the moment ( I dont think anyway - I can't access the specs at the moment to check)

On the Ultra Micro I'll do it at £2.19 / Meter for you and we have it available from stock - so 22 mtrs would be £48..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Havent heard back from sister in law yet. They were thinking about taking a spin in to Belfast tomorrow, but not sure what the story is yet. If they did, do you have the cable in stock or does it have to be sent over from UK?

Hi John,
    Any chance you could put one of the Philips 47PFL4007 aside for collection next Saturday?

• Advertisement

Also I'll take that cable too :) If you need a deposit for the tv or anything to hold it I can put that down when I'm paying for the cable.

Cheers.

Also I'll take that cable too :) If you need a deposit for the tv or anything to hold it I can put that down when I'm paying for the cable.

Cheers.

Chris,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - no problem holding the Philips 47PFL4007 for you (its a cracking 47" for that money)- or if you like we will ship it to you at just £19.95??

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/philips/47pfl4007t/phil-47pfl4007t

Whichever option if you just pop me a PM or a quick email with your contact details we will hold it for you no problem and get an order up on the system for you,

Thanks again,

John Mc & Crew

PM Sent

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.