Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting an international money order in Dublin for an Australian Police Check

Options
  • 02-01-2013 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I am living in Dublin and am trying to get a money order in AUS$ for an australian police check. I am with Bank of Ireland and was told that they no longer do money orders for anything less than 400euro (i just need one for the value of AUS$49). I also asked at An Post and they dont do them either. Does anyone have any ideas where i can get an international money order in Dublin?

Thanks a mill.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

I don't know, but do you already have any friends in Oz? If you have one you trust, you could get them to do either a postal order or write a personal cheque for you, then send the stuff you need onto them so they can enclose the cheque and then post it in OZ. Meanwhile you just transfer the money electronically to them in OZ.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 econnell

thanks a lot for your reply. I do actually have a mate over there so this might be the easiest way to do it! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Post office. International money order. You may have to hound the AFP though. Mine took ages. They're supposed to refund the fee if the cert takes longer than 3-4 weeks. No sign of the refund yet. May have to start the hounding again...

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭avalon68

AIB do them - got one in October/November

Advertisement