Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Specific phone number

Options
  • 02-01-2013 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

Hi I was just wondering if there is any way of getting a specific mobile number
    I went into a mobile shop and asked and the bloke said it didn't work like that but couldn't explain why

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,438 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I get the impression it is a lot easier with landlines than mobiles - the mobile phone companies like to keep specific-number requests for corporate clients.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Zebrano wrote: »
    Hi I was just wondering if there is any way of getting a specific mobile number
    I went into a mobile shop and asked and the bloke said it didn't work like that but couldn't explain why

You used to be able too, but its more tricky now. o2 even at one stage offered a service which you could search and reserve the number you wanted in-store or online. The providers don't own the numbers, they are only allocated them from comreg, so they can just give you what they have on their list.

Advertisement