Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rental prices on daft

Options
  • 02-01-2013 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭

Hi folks, I'm in the need of a flat in Dublin city centre for the year and need it on short notice. Previously I've only rented from friends and family so never had to go through Daft etc.

My question is: are the prices quoted on Daft just opening offers? If I try to negotiate am I going to be laughed at or is it expected?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

There is a shortage of rental properties in parts of Dublin, so dont expect much, if anything, off the asking price.

Outside of Dublin its a different story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Nothing wrong with negotiating, we always try. More often than not there is response, and I'm talking about a couple of months ago when everyone was saying there was shortage.
    I feel that it depends much on what kind of tenant you are. A professional couple has much better chance than a group of students etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

I'd say there is no negotiation on city centre lets at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Lame Lantern

What interests me about the "shortage" of city centre rentals is that there are a ton of entries I saved on Daft in October that are still looking for tenants now in the new year, all of which have been updated in the last couple of days. Although rents are surely going up I'm not sure supply is really hitting crisis point. Not a buyer's market for sure, but it's hardly Manhattan out there so my gut says look around for a letter willing to deal.

I'm looking for a 1 bed, decent-range young professional type accommodation so it's not a pile-of-students situation. We'll see.

Thanks for the replies, keep em coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭sullydublin

Couple of one beds in citywest near luas & bus routes in to the city centre

• Advertisement
Advertisement