Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USIT's Argentina Visa

Options
  • 02-01-2013 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

Has anyone gone on this visa?

I'd love to go over and live there for awhile before doing some traveling in South America. However, I have little to no Spanish and am wondering what opportunities exist for English speakers over there? I'd hope to learn Spanish while living there of course. Teaching English is always an option of course but I've read that you have to put in a hell of a lot of hours to make a living this way and quite a lot of traveling across the city may be required.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MikeMoone37

I went to Argentina a couple of years back for 3 months. I had basic spanish at the time but picked a few bits up along the way through daily interactions with people. Was thinking about the teaching myself but I met an irish couple over there who were teaching and it seemed like too much effort as I really was more interested in traveling around the country.
    Don't go alone if you are going I would say. Many do and I was considering it too because my girlfriend had a full time job but she ended up coming along and i have to say it was a good move traveling with someone, i've travelled alone before and never have any problems traveling alone or being alone but it is such an amazing place that it is was nice to share the experience:rolleyes: - are you planning on traveling with your other half, if you have one or a friend?

As for the USIT visa, I travelled abroad with them before, always found them to be very over priced- have you looked elsewhere?

Make sure to catch Iguazu Falls- great spot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Hey, cheers for the info. I have an other half but she's working full-time in a job she loves, so i don't know on that end; I wouldn't ask her to leave it just to do something that I want to do. I've traveled in Canada and the US by myself before and didn't have any problems with it, met loads of people on my travels. I think I'd like to live and work in Buenos Aires for a while before traveling around in South America; I'd like to buy a motorbike over there and travel on that, I have my licence and everything.

I haven't come across anyone else offering work visas but if anyone knows of any, I welcome any alternative to USIT.

Advertisement