Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

powerful White LED Bike Light with rechargeable Battery Set €30 from dealextreme EU

• 02-01-2013 6:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭

i bought first one just like that nearly two years ago (still working perfect btw) i paid around €80

sku_82507_1.jpg

http://dx.com/p/t6-smooth-crown-waterproof-xml-t6-3-mode-1200-lumen-white-led-bike-light-with-battery-pack-set-844082507

that one is shipped from within EU so fairly fast delivery, no vat or custom charges, price includes delivery, i would say this is best you can get for that price (and i would love to be proved wrong anyway :) )

currently extra 10% off so cheaper than buying directly in china!

(not sure if it includes mains adapter for charger, but that can be purchased in every euro store)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭clint_silver

where does the battery go if you fit the light to handlebar?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

m4rkiz wrote: »
    i would say this is best you can get for that price (and i would love to be proved wrong anyway :) )
    Meh
    Everbuying have something similar for $36 and there's a 6% off coupon around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭quinnthebin

looks like it's velcroed onto the frame judging by the pictures in everbuying.com

http://www.everbuying.com/product317318.html

snubbleste wrote: »
    Meh
    Everbuying have something similar for $36 and there's a 6% off coupon around.

Plus a choice of colours if that's important.

8% with this code until 6th jan. Dec31d

Total Price 33.57 USD Approk 25.36 euro :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭m4rkiz

Plus a choice of colours if that's important.

8% with this code until 6th jan. Dec31d

Total Price 33.57 USD Approk 25.36 euro

providing you won't get hit with extra charges (~€5 of vat and €6 anpost handling fee)

battery pack has velcro straps, lamp has ~50cm wire ended with male plug, battery pack has ~30 cm wire ended with female plug, it charges in ~3 hours giving 2 hours on hi or 3 hours on mid setting

and it is much brighter than anything you can get in brick and mortar in this price range

http://www.light-test.info/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=39&Itemid=59&lang=en

• Advertisement

1600 lumens with 5 functions for a few cents less here

http://www.everbuying.com/product246482.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭m4rkiz

1600 lumens with 5 functions for a few cents less here

http://www.everbuying.com/product246482.html

you can safely assume that all those lamps have pretty much same brightness, although they should allow for safe cycling with reasonable speed on completely unlit road 1600 lumens from one led is completely unreal in this price range, all one led models most likely have from 500 to 800 lumens

for actual 1600 or so lumens you have to have 2+ leds and be in $120+ pricerange (for example magicshine mj-870, mj872, mj-880)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

It's a great price to be sure and I'd be tempted to buy one, however in our weather you really need a battery pack which is weather sealed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Who the heck are everbuying.com

BostonB wrote: »
    Who the heck are everbuying.com

Never heard of them myself but your post made me Google them. They don't get great feedback:

http://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.everbuying.com

• Advertisement

I've used dealextreme in the past, no problems, just a bit slow. But I'm a bit wary if its some place I've never heard of. That said these are great prices for these lights.

I've used dealextreme in the past, no problems, just a bit slow. But I'm a bit wary if its some place I've never heard of. That said these are great prices for these lights.

Well like yourself I've used Deal Extreme extensively. It never garners such negative feedback and it has a good community feel to it. So I'd rather pay the little extra and get it from them. These guys look to be best avoided.

It's a great price to be sure and I'd be tempted to buy one, however in our weather you really need a battery pack which is weather sealed.

You don't think the deal extreme one would stand up to our rain?

You don't think the deal extreme one would stand up to our rain?

The main unit, perhaps, the battery pack, absolutely not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

The main unit, perhaps, the battery pack, absolutely not.

Plastic sandwich bag (inside the battery pouch) and a bit of silicone will ensure the battery stays weatherproof.

"Buy 3 for $53 & another 8% off with coupon (~€39)
    http://www.everbuying.com/product284537.html
    comes with free tail lights
    Maybe the OP was not such a bargain after all :cool:"

Curious why this pushing for this unknown site. (even more why you'd then delete the post).

Have any of you used it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I deleted the post because I'm not sure if you're getting 3 lamps or 1 and they are not the same as the OP's version in spec. Perhaps they are better?

Everbuying is not an unknown etailer - it's been around since 2006.
    I enjoy buying cheap tat from Asian shops that have free shipping, my favourites are buyincoins, everbuying, tmart, aliexpress..

Curious why this pushing for this unknown site. (even more why you'd then delete the post).

Have any of you used it?

Don't think anyones really pushing the site.

I haven't used it myself and hadn't even heard of it till this thread.

hoping it'll prove to be another source of cheap useless/useful items :)

snubbleste wrote: »
    I deleted the post because I'm not sure if you're getting 3 lamps or 1 and they are not the same as the OP's version in spec. Perhaps they are better?

Everbuying is not an unknown etailer - it's been around since 2006.
    I enjoy buying cheap tat from Asian shops that have free shipping, my favourites are buyincoins, everbuying, tmart, aliexpress..

Have you bought from it. Thats all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭ralphie

m4rkiz wrote: »
    i bought first one just like that nearly two years ago (still working perfect btw) i paid around €80

sku_82507_1.jpg

http://dx.com/p/t6-smooth-crown-waterproof-xml-t6-3-mode-1200-lumen-white-led-bike-light-with-battery-pack-set-844082507

that one is shipped from within EU so fairly fast delivery, no vat or custom charges, price includes delivery, i would say this is best you can get for that price (and i would love to be proved wrong anyway :) )

currently extra 10% off so cheaper than buying directly in china!

(not sure if it includes mains adapter for charger, but that can be purchased in every euro store)

I ordered this from DealExtreme on Jan 3rd and paid by paypal.The money was taken from my account immediately,but I received an email from them today stating that the money had been returned to my account with no reason given .

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 kling

ralphie wrote: »
    I ordered this from DealExtreme on Jan 3rd and paid by paypal.The money was taken from my account immediately,but I received an email from them today stating that the money had been returned to my account with no reason given .

It's out of stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

It's still in stock over on focalprice.com

Advertisement