Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Testing dog poo

• 02-01-2013 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hello all, sorry for the nature of this question, but i would really appreciate any help you can offer. Im wondering if it is possible to do a dna test on dog poo to see if it matches another sample. My house was recently vandalised with dog poo and we believe we know who did it, and would like some justice. Is there anywhere in ireland we could bring the poo to with another sample from the suspected persons dog to see if theres a match? Many thanks for any help you can offer, and once again sorry for the nature of the question.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Did you report the crime to the police?

I don't think such a service exists to be honest. I don't even think you can test poo for dna, it's loads of waste and bacteria.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭tonyduggan

Thanks for your reply. the gardai have been informed and a statement has been made but we have no evidence. other damage was done too, but this is the only possible way we have of finding out who did it. If anyone else has any info it would be greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭juniord

recently there was a council in england proposing to set up a dog DNA data base with the intention of tracing owners who didnt clean up after their dogs , so yes it is possible , probably cost a few quid if you can find someone to do it

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

juniord wrote: »
    recently there was a council in england proposing to set up a dog DNA data base with the intention of tracing owners who didnt clean up after their dogs , so yes it is possible , probably cost a few quid if you can find someone to do it

I found DNA Ireland who do dna testing on animals, maybe OP could give them a call

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭tonyduggan

lads thanks very much for your help, much appreciated!

• Advertisement
Advertisement