Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No claims bonus question

• 02-01-2013 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Hoping I can get some advice.
    My insurance policy lapsed in March 2011 because I moved to the US. I had 11 years NCB at that time. Carole Nash said at the time that the NCB would last for 2 years after the policy lapsed. I was expecting to move back to ireland before the 2 years finished. I would have bought a bike when I moved back so keeping the NCB would not have been an issue.
    It looks like I will have another year in the states and I am wondering what my options are. I have an R6 in the states that I have insured there and I am thinking of shipping it to Ireland when I eventually get back.

Is buying a small, cheap bike and leaving it in my mothers the only way I can keep the NCB?

Any ideas?

7.8kwp South facing, Slane.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Ya you will need to insure something.
    Just buy and insure a heap of scrap and insure it. It doesn't even need to run.

ask around,
    you could insure a number plate

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭dclifford

Thanks for the replies. Would insuring a moped keep the ncb live?
    I just looked at a couple of quotes for the R6 with and without the ncb. €600 in the difference.

7.8kwp South facing, Slane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Insure a scooter, NCB is NCB no matter what kind of bike its on.
    Look on donedeal. I just looked at a Suzuki AX100 for 395, that has to be cheap to insure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

the bike would have to cost ya nothing for it to be worthwhile doing imo

know anyone with an ole junker in their shed somewhere?

• Advertisement
Advertisement