Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KFC Nangor Road Clondalkin

Options
  • 02-01-2013 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭

I noticed a KFC being built in beside Lidl in Clondalkin. Anyone know when it's open?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,888 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Hungry? :pac:

Was up there this morning, looks like it'll be open within the next couple of weeks. Wish it was a Burger King though. McDonalds is muck in comparison!

Good location for a drive-thru although it can be a right b*tch to get out of there if you want to turn right...

Got a leaflet through the door a few weeks back from some politician - can't remember which - saying how they'd objected to planning permission for a takeaway (in the village itself) and that there were already 30+ takeaways in or near to the village. That's a lot, but if the demand is there surely that's up to the person looking to start a business to decide, it's their money and their risk - I wouldn't thank some politician for butting in with objections if I was trying to start a business. And for all we know it could have been a competing business that asked the politician to intervene!

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

ninja900 wrote: »
    Hungry? :pac:

Was up there this morning, looks like it'll be open within the next couple of weeks. Wish it was a Burger King though. McDonalds is muck in comparison!

Good location for a drive-thru although it can be a right b*tch to get out of there if you want to turn right...

Got a leaflet through the door a few weeks back from some politician - can't remember which - saying how they'd objected to planning permission for a takeaway (in the village itself) and that there were already 30+ takeaways in or near to the village. That's a lot, but if the demand is there surely that's up to the person looking to start a business to decide, it's their money and their risk - I wouldn't thank some politician for butting in with objections if I was trying to start a business. And for all we know it could have been a competing business that asked the politician to intervene!
    Yeah, that can be a hard right to get out of there alright, but i'll brave it for KFC. I googled it and all I could find was planning permission application stuff and news articles saying it will create 30 jobs. Also says it will be 2 floors? Guessing there'll be seating upstairs. Lidl own the entire unit there aparently.
    No idea what a politician would be objecting to! If you don't like it, don't go there! It's better than an empty unit that's been there for so long, and it's not like it's a location beside a pub that will attract drunks.
    I want some hot wings, have to keep an eye out to see when they'll be opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Just just drove by and it appears to have opened today

5500 wrote: »
    Just just drove by and it appears to have opened today

Nice one, family bucket for me tomorrow for dinner

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

Drove passed yesterday also and saw cars lined up at drive thru.. love KFC

• Advertisement

Yep, it's definitely open. Wife went up at about 7pm on sunday to get food, she said it was jammed.
    I was happy when I saw a kfc at first, but I'm thinking having a drive through kfc 5 minutes away from me is probably a bad thing

• Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Cienciano wrote: »
    Yep, it's definitely open. Wife went up at about 7pm on sunday to get food, she said it was jammed.
    I was happy when I saw a kfc at first, but I'm thinking having a drive through kfc 5 minutes away from me is probably a bad thing

I was living in Cappaghmore up until August. I'd be HUGE by now if KFC was there when I was living there!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭emo72

was driving by this evening, traffic looked a bitch getting out of there. that nangor road junction is always busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Tom1991

if its the same crowd that owns it as the one in liffey valley it can be given a miss.Food safety doesn't exist ive watched lads go to the loo still wearing aprons.So will be giving it a miss

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Anyone know what time it's open to on a Sunday?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

Went yesterday & the place was packed - the food however was exceptional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Puzzle35

Had food from there a few months ago and it was lovely. Fancied some this evening after work and it was dried up and bearly warm. Got it in the drive tru instead of going in. Won't go back again if it's going to be hit and miss, shame it's gone down hill so soon after opening......

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

I had a meal there a while ago, have to say the portion sizes are ridiculously small for the price you pay, I was still hungry after it, chicken was also dry and over cooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

The last time i went in there were only 2 staff working and they had to run the tills, the drive thru window and cook all the food themselves! Halfway through my meal about 20 people came in and the poor girl behind the counter was wrecked trying to keep up, and the food inevitably suffered.

The restaurant is lovely but they need more staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Puzzle35

phasers wrote: »
    The last time i went in there were only 2 staff working and they had to run the tills, the drive thru window and cook all the food themselves! Halfway through my meal about 20 people came in and the poor girl behind the counter was wrecked trying to keep up, and the food inevitably suffered.

The restaurant is lovely but they need more staff.

Hadn't noticed at the time but you are right, over stretched staff both times...

I called in there a couple of weeks ago and as far as I could see, one guy was doing everything! Drive through, walk in and preparing the food.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

KFC in Ireland is not as well managed as it could be and that's why standards suffer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Just left there after ordering a 14 piece bargain bucket, got all the way home and they never put the gravy that is on my receipt in the bag, what good is KFC without there gravy.

They don't have a phone number either.....back to the curry shop for me....feckers

Worst thing ever is when you get a takeaway and discover something is missing. But missing the gravy from a KFC order is as bad as it gets!
    Hotwings are amazing too.

Advertisement