Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch Repairs in the City

Options
  • 02-01-2013 7:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭

Hi all, can anyone give me a few recommendations of places that repair watches? Have a couple of watches that I found under the bed after a clean out over the holidays and they need various things done: new strap, links broken, hand died, stuff like that.

Any places that deserve the business, please post them here!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

Martins city square

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

wellboy76 wrote: »
    Martins city square

Is that the place just inside the back entrance? I had one of the watches in there three times and every time it was fixed it broke again, so won't be going back. The price was always good and the woman was friendly, but they were unable to permanently fix the main watch I want fixed so if any one else has any ideas? Thanks anyway wellboy. What's Island Lane like for repairs?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Jason when getting it repaired make sure the seal is replaced. Had mine few years back in with a jeweler in town to get the a new battery. Got home had a shower and the watch was on the sink away from water, steam got in and killed it. Was a damn good watch one at that. Jeweler never replaced the seal and never told me either. They had to replace the watch when I went to consumer affairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭Bards

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Is that the place just inside the back entrance? I had one of the watches in there three times and every time it was fixed it broke again, so won't be going back. The price was always good and the woman was friendly, but they were unable to permanently fix the main watch I want fixed so if any one else has any ideas? Thanks anyway wellboy. What's Island Lane like for repairs?

I can definately recommend Island Lane, Had mine in for repair, it stopped again after six months they replaced the battery for free, than lasted another 6 months. At this stage they replaced the mechanism for only €54and never had another problem - that was 2 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

theres a place at the back door into city square

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Knesiels used to do watch repairs too.

Advertisement