Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Concealer

• 02-01-2013 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi,

I'd love some recommendations for a good concealer. I suffer from breakouts especially on my chin/jaw area (I know its often hormonal reasons so concealer is necessary for the very bad days!) and sometimes my forehead.

I'm currently using Boi-oing by Benefit (01 and 02) which I like but I saw Urban Decay 24/7 concealer pencil for sale in Debenhams yesterday and I'd like to hear if anyone has used it?

Or even what people view are good options for covering acne without making it looked cakey!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

You should definatly check out the Vichy Dermablend foundations/ concealers i also like the Mac studio finish and Collection 2000 lasting perfection.

check out this video below, I found it really helpful and has changed the way i apply my concealer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭iCosmopolis

I like the urban decay stuff, but it tends to be a little dry so ironically looks better when my skins in better nick! Probably good if you're prone to oily skin or would need a good moisturiser/primer underneath.
    The dermablend is great though too.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Glowla

Yes my skin is the stuff of nightmares sometimes and I never know from day-to-day what sort of form it will be in!

iCosmopolis: That's interesting that you say about the Urban Decay being a little dry cos I'd be afraid it might look caked perhaps on my dry areas.

gillapino: That video is fantastic, maybe I need to overhaul my application method as well ... I'm now considering trying the dermablend option.

I use Vichy Normateint foundation and I find it works quite well for me so would I be better off going for the Dermablend stick or liquid foundation as the concealer? Also I've heard conflicting opinions on whether to apply concealer before or after foundation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Graftobian do amazing colour concealer wheels that you will have to order online but are fantastic and never look cakey or overdone, well worth investing in I wouldn't use anything else apart from this and Collection's concealer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Concealer AFTER foundation.

I love Bobbi Brown concealers but make sure you use a brush when putting on any concealer as it lasts longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Estee Lauder double wear concealer is amazing.

Advertisement