Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to boost 3 signal?

Options
  • 02-01-2013 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I am using a built in sim card from 3 and in general the service is excellent coverage wise. Just one problem, no signal in my apartment. If I step outside it is fine, but once I enter the flat it just vanishes. Is there anything I can do to help the situation? Oh and it is a Samsung Galaxy tab 2 that I am using.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Xantia

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Wotty

Google a pringles can ariel.

I had a similar situation with poor signal and low speed. So I put my usb broadband dongle in an empty pringle can and pointed it until i got the best signal. Then I adjusted the position of the usb broadband dongle inside the can to get the very best signal and speed. Once I got as good as I could, I secured it with sellotape.

It worked pretty good for me. Cheap too, if it doesn't work then it hasn't really cost very much. You need a bit of patience setting it up though.

Another thing you might try is going next to a window. Try the connection there with the window opened and closed.

Moden construction uses a lot of metal and this tends to block signals, even modern windows use reflecting materials for insulative properties and this reflects signals.

If you can get a signal with a window or door open, it may be a possibility to have the glazing changed to one that doesn't have the energy efficiency properties.

I've done extensive engineering tests on issues such as this and it has been a solution in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭halfback5

if you are in a NBS region get on to three asap and keep at them.

Would they supply an ariel? If so that would be cool.

If they don't supply enough ariel cable, try using some satallite cable as this is cheap and easily available.

• Advertisement
Advertisement