Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A video of me shooting my BREN gun

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Good to see!! Hope you will be able to continue doing this unless SEN Dianne "Fine swine" of CA and Obama have their way in Congress tomrrow!!:mad::mad::mad:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Good to see!! Hope you will be able to continue doing this unless SEN Dianne "Fine swine" of CA and Obama have their way in Congress tomrrow!!:mad::mad::mad:

Isn't that to do with more automatic assault weapons? The bren in the video seems to be converted to semi auto (or am I wrong).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Thats great to see, I guess felt recoil isn't very big with the weight of the rifle.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,981 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

BX 19 wrote: »
    Isn't that to do with more automatic assault weapons? The bren in the video seems to be converted to semi auto (or am I wrong).

Fully automatic rifles or 'machine guns' as the BATFE calls them are already restricted in the US. The 'assault weapons' ban that seems to be coming will target semi autos...AR15's etc. like the Clinton Ban did...ya couldn't have any more than 2 from a list of features they classed as making a rifle an 'assault rifle'.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭harmoniums

BX 19 wrote: »

Seemingly Fiensteins bill seeks to class semi autos with a detachable mag and 1 Assault Weapon feature to be classed as "Assault weapons".

the list of features would be

Flash Hider
    Bayo Lug
    Collapsible stock
    Pistol grip
    etc....

It used to be two features, but then folks started selling FALs/ARs ets with no muzzle device and a thumbhole stock to get around this.

They are talking about changing AWs to NFA items such as short barreled rifles/Shotguns, Machine guns etc.

This particular rifle has a Muzzle break instead of Flash hider and themag catch has been changed such that a tool is required to remove the magazine to satisfy California's AW laws already.

• Advertisement

Wont it still fall foul with the tool or" bullet button " if this goes ahead anyway??:(:confused:

ALL genuine "assault weapons" are select fire [safe,semi,full or burst fire]and not available to the general public either in the US or in most of the Western World. We have civillian semi auto rifles ONLY.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭harmoniums

Fiensteins bill does specifically address Bullet buttons, so if it went through, you are correct, this would become and "Assault Weapon"
    I do believe they are looking at grandfathering in current possessed stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

Grizzly 45 wrote: »

The amazing thing about that wagon is she has a concealed carry permit and several armed bodyguards to accompany her when she comes out of her lair.
    Also i don't understand why the biggest proponents of gun control laws in america are jewish (feinstein, schumer, bloomberg) when they suffered directly under the gun ban in germany in 1938.
    nice bren harmoniums, do you know anything about its history ?

harmoniums wrote: »
    Fiensteins bill does specifically address Bullet buttons, so if it went through, you are correct, this would become and "Assault Weapon"
    I do believe they are looking at grandfathering in current possessed stuff.

Yeah...Might as well get a genuine full auto then...As it will be just as costly and as bothersome..:mad:
    200dollar transfer tax,Federal backround checks,and the price of them going thu the roof!
    I can see about 50 million US gunowners going for that one!

The amazing thing about that wagon is she has a concealed carry permit and several armed bodyguards to accompany her when she comes out of her lair.
    Also i don't understand why the biggest proponents of gun control laws in america are jewish (feinstein, schumer, bloomberg) when they suffered directly under the gun ban in germany in 1938.

Ah well...You see ,they and their fammlies are MUCH MORE important than the rest of the US citizenry and are ENTITLED to armed protection,and to send their kids to schools were armed protection is the norm and has been for.... ever...
    Sarah Brady bought her son in a straw purchase a firearm a few years back as he was underage at the time...Nothing done,which is a felony to anyone else, bar a US Senator...So lets hear it for hyprocrisy..She is always giving out about how easy straw purchases happen:rolleyes:
    I always thought her a bitter old woman,proably because Hinkley in shooting Ron Regan to impress Jodie Foster didnt finish off her totally obnoxious husband at the time!
    Politicans worldwide are the same,they are in it for entitlements and benefits and your vote and to protect us from ourselves and them.:mad:

So them having a concept of the Holocaust and its causes is about as likely as us Irish seeing Cromwells good chacter points!
    The'd proably argue that if the Nazis hadnt any guns it wouldnt have happened..I think the SA managed pretty well with jack boots,clubs,knuckle dusters,German shepard dogs and whips to beat up most Jews and deport them in the 1930s.

Advertisement