Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Season Schedule

Options
  • 02-01-2013 8:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭

Lads, I've decided to stop everything being rushed, and since we have the time, the draft will now go ahead on the following Wednesday, 16th January at 8:30.

It will go as follows:

Advancement from Superbowl: Monday 11:30pm
    Resignings: Monday 11:30pm-Wednesday 11pm
    FA Signings 1: Wednesday 11pm-Friday 11pm
    FA Signings 2: Friday 11pm-Sunday 11pm
    FA Signings 3: Sunday 11pm-Tuesday 6pm
    Final Scouting: Tuesday 6pm-Wednesday 8:30pm
    Draft: Wednesday 8:30pm

EDIT: Pre Season will then run:

Week 1: Thursday
    Week 2: Friday
    Week 3: Saturday
    Week 4: Sunday

Then the regular season starts back on the Monday 21st January.

The reason for this is that it is unlikely the Superbowl can be played by Friday, and as the timeline was already rushed as it was, this gives people the time to have an opportunity at every stage of the off season.

Obviously the date for the draft isn't going to suit everyone but it is going to be that way regardless of a date picked.
    Is this okay with everyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Sounds good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

sounds good to me

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

My wife has agreed to do FA bidding 1 for me! Get in! Going to be a big phone bill!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

My wife has agreed to do FA bidding 1 for me! Get in! Going to be a big phone bill!

This will be fun! I don't think my Mrs know how to use the controller!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I am going to educate her at the weekend..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

You got yourself a keeper there Heli!

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    You got yourself a keeper there Heli!

I'll wait til I see what FAs she signs first!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

21st january, thats ages away :eek:. i cant contain my colts team any longer, they are straining at the bit to get going, well the ones who are staying with me are anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Sounds good Ben.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Thats an excellent schedule Ben. Lots of notice to everyone, no rushing through it and will make it less of a panic for those involved in the off season for the first time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

At what stage can you begin resigning your players that will move into their final year after the Superbowl? Could free up some cap space by doing the resignings early and rear loading a couple of contracts.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Nelbert wrote: »
    At what stage can you begin resigning your players that will move into their final year after the Superbowl? Could free up some cap space by doing the resignings early and rear loading a couple of contracts.

Not until the start of next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

I think I am going to miss the draft :(. Couldn't post my availability cos I don't know but I think its one day I can't do. Ohwell. Will just have to do lots of work in FA. :)

Raoul.. if you arent around, happy to do something for your picks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

Raoul.. if you arent around, happy to do something for your picks

Yeah, we shall see. I sort of draft on the fly though. Take the best of what I can get. Might have to make a change this year.

Lads a stupid question but i presume we cant sign FAs before the FA Signings 1 window below?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

No. Free Agency is locked until after re-signings, then 3 stages of free agent biding, then the draft, then free agency opens as normal where you can sign players to a 1 year deal with a predetermined amount for each player (same as at the start of this season).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Tried it on XBL, but couldn't figure out exactly when we can apply the franchise tag, anyone done this?
    Cheers

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

You apply the tag at the resignings stage. After the superbowl but before free agency.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

can somebody explain what a franchise tag is, have never done this resigning players or draft before :o

• Advertisement

Basically if a player wont sign for you you can aply the franchise tag and you get to keep him for 1 year. You need to pay him a certain amount which varies by position, so for QB's its 12m for CB 10m etc.

You can only apply the tag to one player and if you want to apply it to the same player the next year the cost is +20%.

More info here

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

So you don't know if the player will actually sign before you apply the tag?

you do, you find out if he accepted your offer right away

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Gee, ESPN just had a blog post and the real life Panthers are 16 million over the cap. Yikes. Worst part is my worst contracts (RBs) are so bad that cutting them won't do much for cap space. Hope my in game cap situation isn't as bad. Anywhere to find this out without having to wait?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

matthew8 wrote: »
    Gee, ESPN just had a blog post and the real life Panthers are 16 million over the cap. Yikes. Worst part is my worst contracts (RBs) are so bad that cutting them won't do much for cap space. Hope my in game cap situation isn't as bad. Anywhere to find this out without having to wait?

Strategy contracts I reckon man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Yep don't not underestimate the effect the cap can have on your team. I am Jets in another franchise. I traded away Tebow for a draft pick early on and only signed 3 crucial players before I got to end of season resignings. I had 15 players to resign at that stage, two of them vital I resign ( my SS and HB and a few others ). I could only sign the SS and had to let 14 players go to free agency as I had no cap room to sign them. I was forced to trade away one of my best players, a top CB who luckily had a cap friendly contract ( no bonus ) for picks ( Helimachoptor stole him off me !! ) and the had enough funds to resign some of the players in FA.

So be careful, particularly with regards to trading and the effect it can have on your cap space.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Quick question, when can we put trades through? I ask because I am working on a deal involving picks. I may not be around on draft night so I have to make sure the other player has my picks.

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Quick question, when can we put trades through? I ask because I am working on a deal involving picks. I may not be around on draft night so I have to make sure the other player has my picks.

after advancing past the superbowl

etloveslsd wrote: »
    after advancing past the superbowl

Can you trade during re-siginings? I'm not sure but definitely during FA periods you can.

• Advertisement

adrian522 wrote: »
    Can you trade during re-siginings? I'm not sure but definitely during FA periods you can.

Your right about FA, I've never tried to trade during re-signings. Its only another day or so either way

Advertisement