Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Season Schedule

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

lads im just looking at my team salary page for the Colts, it says i have a cap space of 48.72m. is that good or bad regarding signing players :confused:

Also the previous manager had my offensive settings set to the Giants and the Defensive setting set to the Redskins, can i change these in the off season

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

lads im just looking at my team salary page for the Colts, it says i have a cap space of 48.72m. is that good or bad regarding signing players :confused:

good.. depending on how many people you need to resign.
    Safe to say you'll have a fair amount of money to spend in FA anyway mate

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Also the previous manager had my offensive settings set to the Giants and the Defensive setting set to the Redskins, can i change these in the off season

Think you need to retire your coach.
    you can change this when you to the play screen (just before you play a game)

good.. depending on how many people you need to resign.
    Safe to say you'll have a fair amount of money to spend in FA anyway mate

cheers, i need to resign alot of players yeah, but sure i'll cross that bridge when it comes to it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I recommend the use of a spreadsheet to manage your salary cap for next year and in fact the next few years.

The attached takes about an hour to fill out but will tell you what your cap space will be like for 2013 and for the rest of the franchise.

You enter in the salary details for all of your players and you can see if you are in cap trouble for the following few years based on how many players you need to resign and how much space you have already used up in Cap space and penalties.

For example I've got $55mil in Cap space for 2013 but I have 30 players to resign so I am in a fair bit of cap trouble, but wouldn't really know that without doing the analysis.

Think you need to retire your coach.
    you can change this when you to the play screen (just before you play a game)

If i retire and came back in the off season or even today, would i be able to change the settings and coach name to

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

If i retire and came back in the off season or even today, would i be able to change the settings and coach name to

Yeah you would.You can change your play book before each game though. If you retire you loose all your gained xp and scouting points (i think)

etloveslsd wrote: »
    Yeah you would.You can change your play book before each game though. If you retire you loose all your gained xp and scouting points (i think)

yeah i know i can change it before the game but i'd like a set play book instead of wasting time scrolling before the game, would i lose all the attributes my players gained since i took over or just the points im left with now cos if its just what im left with, i might retire and come back in.

oh just had a look there i think i'll lose all points my character gained, not 100% sure though, could be stuck with mr Rock Munde now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I'd say keep that player until after the draft, spend all your Coach XP as it sticks to whatever you bought, and then retire.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Is the FA at 11 tonight?

When you go to resign a player, do they give you an indication of an offer that would be acceptable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Go back to main screen and you should be told straight away

cheers berty, i forgot to add before i make them an offer do they give an indication.

Kind of. In the top right of the offer their "interest in resigning" is shown as well as "team need". That can be High / Medium / Low. The lower it is the more you need to offer them. There was a post somewhere here of the appox percentage you would have to increase your offer by depending on their level of interest.

cheers berty, i forgot to add before i make them an offer do they give an indication.

BDC, have a look through my previous posts over the last couple of weeks

Berty the info was taken form one of the PFL guys...

Yep Goonertaff the guru and you helpfully posted it somewhere here, cannot remember where though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

adrian522 wrote: »
    I recommend the use of a spreadsheet to manage your salary cap for next year and in fact the next few years.

The attached takes about an hour to fill out but will tell you what your cap space will be like for 2013 and for the rest of the franchise.

You enter in the salary details for all of your players and you can see if you are in cap trouble for the following few years based on how many players you need to resign and how much space you have already used up in Cap space and penalties.

For example I've got $55mil in Cap space for 2013 but I have 30 players to resign so I am in a fair bit of cap trouble, but wouldn't really know that without doing the analysis.

Bumping this as there have been a few questions on managing the Cap space.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

All I want to do is play ball.

Salary crap is awful! ha.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Raoul wrote: »
    All I want to do is play ball.

Salary crap is awful! ha.

Wait until next season when you have to try and sign Jimmy Graham.

Ben could we advance to FA signings today?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

SantryRed wrote: »
    Wait until next season when you have to try and sign Jimmy Graham.

Ah, when I win the superbowl, I will have whoever I want.

Also, when I was signing players my prestige was back down to poor despite when I got to the conference game it was really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Saints just have bad karma....or players realise how lucky they were:p

lads do we play the pre season games, just cant wait to get started

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

lads do we play the pre season games, just cant wait to get started
    No we don't.

We did them last year and it was the worst thing ever and pretty much just a waste of time.

We have 1 day scheduled for each game so if people want to play them they'll be able to. You can do your practices as well. My also make sure you've no more than 53 player's before the advance to regular season

Well then Roll on next monday so :)

is there anywhere we can see the Fixtures for the new season?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

is there anywhere we can see the Fixtures for the new season?

Not yet but if you look at colts rl schedule you can figure it out by adjusting where you finished in group. Eg I know I will be playing the NFC west and third placed teams. Think I have the AFC east too but don't quote me on that.

Advertisement