Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Opera House refusing to give a credit note

Options
  • 02-01-2013 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭

I bought 4 tickets to a show in the opera house as a gift to my Mum. Its coming up this weekend and m mum and co wont be available to go to the show.She tried going in today to get a credit note as she will not be available at all for the next 3 weeks(show lasts until the 19th) and was told that she can only exchange it for other tickets for that show only. Does this sound fair to you. I thought if they have the receipt, they are entitled to a refund or at least a credit note?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

They have no obligation to give anything. They are being decent by offering to change the date with tickets for the same show.

In fairness, you should have checked what dates would suit them before buying. It's always the hard thing about giving tickets for a gift.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Project Werewolf

They aren't obliged to do anything in that situation. They are being fairly good in offering to exchange those tickets. It's not their fault your mother can't make the show.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

You aren't entitled to anything. Any offer they make is entirely a goodwill gesture. Not their fault your mum can't make the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Unfortunately, your mother has no entitlement to a credit note. It is not the Cork Opera House's fault that your mother cannot attend the show. They've been pretty decent by offering her an opportunity to attend another showing.

FYI - If goods are faulty, or a service cannot be delivered, then you would be legally entitled to a repair, replacement or refund. Broadly speaking, anything else is down to the goodwill of the retailer.

Advertisement