Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading UPC

• 02-01-2013 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hello,

I was wondering would it cost an existing customers that has the 15mb package (automatically upgraded) to 20mb or 25mb to uprade to the 50mb internet speed?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

If you need a new modem (and it would be 50 as that's the lowest speed they offer) and of course you'd be bound up for another 12 months at the new monthly price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Have you any other products?

Cheapest way to get 50mb is with the anywhere 100 or freetime phone pack

That's €44

Again if you have TV etc it'll be different. It costs €39 if you have a seperate TV or phone pack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Depending on what he's on already and how old his modem is he might need to pay €45 self-install fee for a new modem.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Liamallica

I think I saw on their site while skimming yesterday that any change of plan is 30€ administrative fee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Liamallica wrote: »
    I think I saw on their site while skimming yesterday that any change of plan is 30€ administrative fee

You need to look again.

• Advertisement

I think it's terrible that they charge you for the modem. You're renting it, you have to give it back at the end, so why do you have to pay for it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Karsini wrote: »
    I think it's terrible that they charge you for the modem. You're renting it, you have to give it back at the end, so why do you have to pay for it?

To put you off asking for one every time a newer version appears. They say you're paying for the delivery and collection (mostly).

Morf wrote: »
    To put you off asking for one every time a newer version appears. They say you're paying for the delivery and collection (mostly).

I've actually tried to hold on to my old 2203 but I suppose the fact that the 3925 supports bridge mode now should mean I don't have to. They did call me, trying to get me to upgrade to 50 meg with the new modem but I just didn't see the need - 25 is heaps for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Liamallica

I used the word think as I was skimming a lot of text and not looking out for something in particular, i.e. uncertain. It is in relation to downgrading, not upgrading, and just €10, so doesn't affect.

Advertisement