Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ubisoft/Uplay hacked? - Accounts Stolen!

• 02-01-2013 8:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭

Received this email earlier:
    Your account information has been changed

Hey NotSupplied,

It looks like you recently made changes to your Uplay account. For your protection, this notification has been sent to the email address associated with your Uplay account.
    Our records indicate that you changed the following information:

Email address
    Password
    First name
    Last name
    If this was you, you can ignore the rest of this message.

If you didn’t change these fields, someone may be accessing your account without your permission.
    We strongly recommend that you change your account password on ubisoft.com or through any Uplay enabled game.
    If you no longer have access to your account, contact Ubisoft customer support to confirm your identity and reset your account.

Thanks,
    The Ubisoft team

When I first saw it I thought it was the usual spam email trying to get my details but when I looked closer I saw it was from AccountSupport@ubi.com (which may have been spoofed) and a second address which it was also sent to uplay21193654@playbay.su.

The second address got me suspicous so I googled it and it lead me to the ubisoft forums. Turns out that a lot more people got the same email and that their accounts were actually stolen. The thread I found is here : Stolen Uplay-account

Did anyone else get this email? I'm going to open a support ticket now but I'm not sure how much good it's gonna do!

Edit:
    Yeah my account was definitely hacked and my details changed. Just tried to log in there and my username/password does not exist. Entered email address for forgotten password and that email address no longer exists either! This is going to piss off a lot of Far Cry 3 players (and AC3!!).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Same thing happened me :mad: Lost 3 games including FarCry 3
    Setup a new account and now that wont let me into the forums either.
    UBISOFT are so f$%king useless.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

So you can just login and change email address without going through support first? Security 101 fail Ubisoft.

marco_polo wrote: »
    So you can just login and change email address without going through support first? Security 101 fail Ubisoft.

Not only that but ubisoft has no record of my email address ?
    Even though I registered all my keys from this email.
    Piracy seems like my only option :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭ondafly

I had a similar issue earlier in the month, my password was changed, but I managed to get back into the account and change it again. They didn't change the email address that was involved. I also got loads of friend request has been accepted bull, but I never sent any out. Very poor security on behalf of UBIsoft, and has put me right off purchasing from them again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

marco_polo wrote: »
    Security 101 fail Ubisoft.

Had my EA Origin account hacked recently, was a nightmare to get back. However, they told me that they've recently changed their system and anyone that wants to change their email address needs to contact their support.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

I had actually forgotten I had posted this so thanks muppetkiller for reviving it.

After my intial post here I did create a support ticket and provided the details I knew they were going to ask for.

Just after checking the status of my ticket there and it turns out it's Closed. They apparently closed it because I didn't reply within a couple of days with the details they had asked for.... the same fecking details I had included in my original message to them i.e. the support ticket.

I've sent through the details again so hopefully will get some action on it this time.

In case you are wondering the details you need to provide are usually:

First Name:
    Last Name:
    Original Email Address:
    Alternate Email Address:
    Username:
    Date of Birth:

Games attacked to your account with CD Keys (Example below):
    FarCry 3 (XXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX)

Yup I got the same generic email this morning so I'll reply tonight with the details.
    I had a much better response from their twitter page. Seemed very helpful over there.

Got my account back today. Some chap called Paul in Support sorted the whole thing out. Got updated with progress each day. Pretty good service I have to say after the initial Rant.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Oh ****,better check my account.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Oh ****,better check my account.

I had the same reaction too! lol

Thankfully my a/c is fine

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Yakult wrote: »
    I had the same reaction too! lol

Thankfully my a/c is fine

Same here :D.

Advertisement