Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WiFi logo on BoI Debit Card

Options
  • 02-01-2013 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

Hi,

Just a query regarding the WiFi logo on the new debit cards by Bank of Ireland. I believe it is called Radio Frequency Identification (RFID).

A friend showed me a video of how easy it is too steal the data off these cards by buying a cheap card reader.

Can someone from Bank of Ireland give me some information about what protection users have (if any) please?

Regards,
    C.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

You can steal the exact same data by just physically reading the numbers on the card. A lot of these security concerns are overly alarmist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Buy a roll of tinfoil, fashion a hat out of it and wear it whenever you go outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭fiverfriday

Thanks for the replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 grumpy old man

Thanks for the replies.
    You can always try a tinfoil lined wallet - http://www.rfidprotect.co.uk - I have no connection with company.

Advertisement