If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KEF Q300 with Denon RCN8

Options
  • 02-01-2013 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭

Hi guys,

What is yr opinion of this combination? What wil be price?

How do you compare KEF Q300 Vs BX2 ??

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

cais wrote: »
    Hi guys,

What is yr opinion of this combination? What wil be price?

How do you compare KEF Q300 Vs BX2 ??

Hi Cais,

thanks for the opportunity to quote!

Denon RCDN8
    KEF Q300
    Retail £849
    Boardie price £769.95

Denon Ceol
    Monitor Audio BX2

Retail £749.95
    Boardie price £539.95

Now onto the real question...

- both of these will sound excellent - the BX2 are exceptional for the money but they are far less expensive than the Kefs - if you wanted a better comparison, I would say you should look at the Monitor Audio Silver series, RX1 the RX1 is a stunning real wood veneer, What Hi-Fi 5 star product and it just sings with the Ceol RCDN8 system..

Denon RCN8 Ceol
    Monitor Audio RX1
    Retail £799.90
    Boardie price £669.95

That would be my choice anyway and whichever option you go for, do add some decent cables as all your options are really excellent kit and deserve decent cables & interconnects!

All in stock and ready to ship - just drop us a line if we can assist in any way,

Thanks again,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭plasmin

Hi Cais,

thanks for the opportunity to quote!

Denon RCDN8
    KEF Q300
    Retail £849
    Boardie price £769.95

Denon Ceol
    Monitor Audio BX2

Retail £749.95
    Boardie price £539.95

Now onto the real question...

- both of these will sound excellent - the BX2 are exceptional for the money but they are far less expensive than the Kefs - if you wanted a better comparison, I would say you should look at the Monitor Audio Silver series, RX1 the RX1 is a stunning real wood veneer, What Hi-Fi 5 star product and it just sings with the Ceol RCDN8 system..

Denon RCN8 Ceol
    Monitor Audio RX1
    Retail £799.90
    Boardie price £669.95

That would be my choice anyway and whichever option you go for, do add some decent cables as all your options are really excellent kit and deserve decent cables & interconnects!

All in stock and ready to ship - just drop us a line if we can assist in any way,

Thanks again,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks John for prompt reply.

I would ask question other way around- if i go for kef300 or RX1, is Denon Ceol right product or should i go for Denon 2113/TX515 ??

Thanks John for prompt reply.

I would ask question other way around- if i go for kef300 or RX1, is Denon Ceol right product or should i go for Denon 2113/TX515 ??

Completely different beasts!

If you are a stereo and music lover and that forms the main part of your listening I'g go for the RCDN8/ RX1 every day of the week - if you are into movies then the 515 should be your primary source.

The Ceol / RCDN8 will give you better quality but the 2113 / 515 is a full surround receiver (no CD player of course which the Ceol does have)

My own preference would always be for the quality stereo option but then Music is my passion - if you are a movie freak - the choice is more difficult!

Thanks and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭plasmin

Thanks John,

I was also looking at B&W 685 speakers. What is your take on this. How does it compare to Q300 Vs RX1 and do you offer B&W685 with Denon Ceol?

Sorry for so many questions-

regards

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Thanks John,

I was also looking at B&W 685 speakers. What is your take on this. How does it compare to Q300 Vs RX1 and do you offer B&W685 with Denon Ceol?

Sorry for so many questions-

regards

Hi Cais,

Apologies about the delay in getting back to you. Just getting over the Xmas rush.

I've heard good things about the B&Ws. Unfortunately it isn't a brand we stock so I can't comment on the sound quality.

From what John has quoted I'd also recommend the RX1s, I've heard these running with the Ceol and breath taking is the only way I can describe it. The low end for a bookshelf speaker is incredible!!

Highly recommend them.

Chris

• Advertisement

Cais,

thanks for the PM to Kenny,

£669.90 is the best we can do on the RCDN8 Ceol & RX1 - but of course if you can find a better price in Ireland or teh UK from an authorised dealer I'll happily price beat it subject to our normal T's and C's

Thanks again and keep me posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.