Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone in manchester

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,727 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

gstack166 wrote: »
    Where in Wythenshawe do you work mate? & can you swing us a job lol get me out of this place! ;)

I work near the hospital in the clinical trials unit. They do hire from time to time. What's the attraction with Wythenshawe?

This thread has certainly become popular.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Anyone working around Wilmslow. Have a phone call to make to a company tomorrow. I have a mate living in Stretford, so I'm familiar with this area, and mainly Chorlton. Would it be possible to commute from this area to Wilmslow? Wilmslow looks bloody far out of the city, and I don't want to use a car if I can help it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭whatnext

seachto7 wrote: »
    Anyone working around Wilmslow. Have a phone call to make to a company tomorrow. I have a mate living in Stretford, so I'm familiar with this area, and mainly Chorlton. Would it be possible to commute from this area to Wilmslow? Wilmslow looks bloody far out of the city, and I don't want to use a car if I can help it.....

Metro into Piccadilly then train straight to Wilmslow is probably easiest.
    you can check on this http://www.traveline-northwest.co.uk/journeyplanner/enterJourneyPlan.do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Cheers for that link

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭full_irish

Moving down to Manchester in the summer, will be working in whythenshawe hospital but am thinking of basing myself more city centre as a friend who i'll be living with is gonna be working in central hospital. Any suggestions other than avoiding moss side. I'll probably be 50:50 commuting on bike and taking bus to work

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

I work near the hospital in the clinical trials unit. They do hire from time to time. What's the attraction with Wythenshawe?

This thread has certainly become popular.

There's nothing attractive what-so-ever about Wythenshawe :D it's just that most my family in Manchester are based there, handy for me. If I got work around that area especially, I'd snapit up! Seems quiet enough there also though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

full_irish wrote: »
    Moving down to Manchester in the summer, will be working in whythenshawe hospital but am thinking of basing myself more city centre as a friend who i'll be living with is gonna be working in central hospital. Any suggestions other than avoiding moss side. I'll probably be 50:50 commuting on bike and taking bus to work
    forget the bike take,the bus of metro, whythenshawe is a large town covering a large area with good and bad parts but there is plenty of accommodation to choose from,ie trovit property, easy to get back and too from the city center

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

some of the better areas of south manchester are sale and altrincham[my birth town] and it will be easy for you to get to work from.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,727 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

The Metrolink to Wythenshawe won't be ready for a few years. Bear in mind that there are currently roadworks which will mean it could take you over an hour to commute each way. As has been said, I'd say your best bet would be to live in an area like Sale, Altrincham or Stockport all of which have bus links to the hospital.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

Advertisement