Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A 13-Year-Old Boxing & MMA Prodigy

• 02-01-2013 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

At thirteen years old, he is already a world champion kickboxer, muay thai fighter and grappler, and a United States National Silver Gloves boxing champion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Rubadubchub

Wait until he discovers sex, drink, drugs and rock and roll...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

Progidy, Prodidy, Prodigy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Progidee.. Progigee... the PRODIGEE..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

the kid is being pushed waaay too hard by his dad, he's afraid of letting him down so he's under a ton of pressure, and when he talks I imagine there his dads words coming out of his mouth, like "I gotta keep my hands up, if I get hit it's my own fault". Can't imagine that will end up too well!

(for a cracking documentary on a similar subject, check out ESPN's The Marinovich Project on Netflix. Brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

He's clearly got skills out his ass... but he should stop all that boxing crap : P he needs to be sparring progressively in pure MMA if he's gona be an MMA fighter! methinks his dad would just love him to make the US Olympic team much more so than an MMA fighter... he'll make a nice amateur FW if he's 5'2'' at 13.... or MMA 155er in 6 years time lookin at his dads height.

World FW JJ Champ/kick ass 155 lb MMA fighter beats FW Olympic Gold any day in my book ; )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Carvin

I've seen a few MMA prodigies like this.
    The worry is though, with all the competitions and fights at those ages, he might burn out by the time he's old enough to fight at any major level.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Here's another MMA prodigy:

BJ-Penn-damage-01.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Jonah42

^^^^

That ain't cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Yeah what did that second so called prdigy ever do?? Not as if he won and retained the most respected title at his weight class over a long period of time....

Also Bj was a prodigy at bjj not mma wasnt it?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

I'm just saying.....

No matter how good you think you are someone better always comes along

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

World FW JJ Champ/kick ass 155 lb MMA fighter beats FW Olympic Gold any day in my book ; )

Are you saying BJJ world champ is better than being Olympic Boxing champ?
    If you are the that is just silly-Boxing Olympic Gold is 1 of the most prestigious medals in sport.

Not saying either is harder that each other I'm talking about prestige, not near close.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Albanians have no heart as demonstrated in both Taken and Taken II. Prove me wrong Rashat, prove me wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Roar wrote: »

(for a cracking documentary on a similar subject, check out ESPN's The Marinovich Project on Netflix. Brilliant.

seen this
    it is a great watch
    mind you an awful lot of the espn 30 for 30 series are excellent and
    ive seen most of them
    another one id recommend is the espn one with reggie miller
    one of the best i've ever seen
    its called winning time

Advertisement