Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dublin dog warden

• 02-01-2013 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello guys I hope someone can help me out,I found a dog over Christmas today I called a warden to pick him up because he didn't get along with mine now I need to know if anyone has any emergency number for warden in dublin, I want to get the dog back am scared they might kill him I just read terrible things that they do if no one want the dog.please anyone I can not wait till the morning am scared

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

What part of Dublin?

There are four seperate areas which affects which pound they may have ended up in

• Registered Users Posts: 6 skoja07

phone number was 01 4149000

dspca gave me that number on paper it says sdcc blackhall kennels, co meath

thanks for ur replay i can not sleep thinking about the dog.

can i take the dog back i already bought the license this evening for it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

skoja07 wrote: »
    phone number was 01 4149000

dspca gave me that number on paper it says sdcc blackhall kennels, co meath

thanks for ur replay i can not sleep thinking about the dog.
    can i take the dog back i already bought the license this evening for it.

That's South Dublin County Council, their pound is in Dunboyne. The dog has to stay in the pound for five days as a stray and then you could rehome him.

There is a rescue group working with Dunboyne, I'm not sure if any of them are on here. <snip> If you were to call the pound and explain they may take your details, I'm not too sure though.

Have you checked all the lost and found ads online to see if the owners are missing the dog?

Mod edit: OP, if you wish to find contact details for the rescue group, please contact Stheno by PM.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I'm not 100% sure but can you not claim a dog from a pound if you produce a licence for it?

• Advertisement

i called all the organizations before the warden and they were all extremely full that why am scared they will kill him, you think they wouldn't give me a dog tomorow?

thanks for replay

Silverfish wrote: »
    I'm not 100% sure but can you not claim a dog from a pound if you produce a licence for it?

If the warden actually took details and the dog was listed as lost/stray they may insist you wait the five days, depends on the warden/pound
    i called all the organizations before the warden and they were all extremely full that why am scared they will kill him, you think they wouldn't give me a dog tomorow?

thanks for replay

see above.

can you tell me where the pound is located is that in dublin or meath?

can you tell me where the pound is located is that in dublin or meath?

Dunboyne in County Meath

thank you very much for your help, i will let you know tomorrow how it goes.

just one last question, how often does happen for dog to be put a sleep?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Skoja, all of the pounds operating in Dublin are pretty decent about not killing dogs, and they work with rescues to rehome as many dogs as they can. So, it is unlikely that the dog you handed to them will be killed as he has ended up in Dunboyne (Blackhall).
    They are also generally very amenable to the finder taking the dog back: however, you surrendered this dog because he wasn't getting on with your dog, and that's not going to change if you take him back. So, I'd suggest that you think long and hard about taking this dog back if it's going to cause so much trouble in your home: any guilt you feel about putting him in the pound will not soothe a tempestuous relationship between your dog and this one. You don't want to be forced to re-surrender him again in a few weeks' time: sit back and wait and see does this dog get rehomed from the pound or via the rescue. By all means, act as a safety net if he's left behind.... but given that he does't fit into your present circumstances, you need to give him a chance to get into a home where he does fit before jumping too soon.

Apologies ref. my post, I've now read the charter :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Stheno wrote: »
    Apologies ref. my post, I've now read the charter :)

Don't EVER do it again :p;)

DBB wrote: »
    Don't EVER do it again :p;)

Yes Ma'am/Master :D

Advertisement