Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning in Separation and divorce

Options
  • 02-01-2013 9:35pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭

Hi. I recieved a yellow card for a post I contributed to a thread in Separation and divorce. I feel this is completely unfair. My post was polite, sympathetic, relevant to the topic, and it was not nasty, judgemental, or troll-ish in any way. I PM'd the mod who gave it to me, but we could not resolve this issue to my satisfaction.

I asked for clarification on what exactly I did wrong, the mod replied that either (from what I understand), I had been judgemental, or that my post provoked the OP to reply with justifications for her decisions. I pointed out that I had not been judgemental, and that I had not sought "justification" from anybody about their decisions, and furthermore, that I cannot control how people respond to my posts, ie how could I be reposnsible for the OP replying to my post with justification for her decisions.

The mod also said that posts in this forum should offer "advice", and she quoted me a piece of the charter. The word "advice" was nowhere to be seen.

I feel I gave a relevant, helpful contribution to the thread, in spirit with the charter, and that I do not deserve any sort of reprimand for my post. I wish to see the yellow card recinded. I have apologised for any offence which I may have unintentionally caused, and I wholeheartedly uphold that apology. I would appreciate if one of the Cmods could look into his issue - Thank you, Newmug.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I'll have a look at this newmug, and also talk to the mods involved.

Bear with me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Cheers dades!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Okay, so I've talked with the mod who issued the warning as well as one of my co-CMods, and I'm going to lift the card.

While, in hindsight, your post wasn't particularly supportive or helpful, I feel it was posted in good faith. Only subsequent clarification by the OP of her position rendered it obviously moot, and therefore unhelpful. A verbal warning may have been in order, but I don't see the need for an official one.

You've obviously now learned that the S&D forum mods run a tight ship regarding what it regards as helpful or supportive posting, and I'd refer you to this part of the charter if/when you post there again:
    If you are unsure whether a post or thread is suitable, feel free to contact one of the S&D forum Mods and ask for a second opinion.

Hope the above resolves this issue for you, though I would recommend after looking at your record for 2012 you read a few more charters, too.

Dades

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Dades wrote: »
    Hope the above resolves this issue for you, though I would recommend after looking at your record for 2012 you read a few more charters, too.

Dades

Cheers Dades, thanks a million! The bit bolded is exactly why I dont want or need any more infractions! To me it seems that when a mod sees your record, they automatically think "troublemaker" and slap cards and warnings on you liberally, exasperating the problem! Its a vicious circle! Thanks again anyway!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement