Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linking websites

Options
  • 02-01-2013 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭

Hi

I have 4 websites relating to sport activities mainly golf and accessories.

I was planning on adding links to all my sites in order to promote the less popular websites.

Now my understanding is that if I have the links as follow through I may get penalised by google for using black hat seo I.e. link farming.

Alternatively if I promote the sites by using non follow links this should be ok and as far as I can tell there should be no negative impact on the sites. Is this correct?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Well although this is Seen as Reciprocal linking in Googles eyes, it is still done today in many many fashions..

Such as if your group was the "Speculator" group, it could be a basic about us page, with links back to all your profiles.
    The benefit will be very negilible imo and im not sure i would even waste an hour doing it.

Im wondering are they actually the same sport ? I personally wouldnt do it mate.. If you **** up the linking your nuked, if you dont and it links and flows well the benefit is worth **** all ..

Damned if you do, damned if you dont !!

Best o luck :D

Advertisement