Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish & UK site

Options
  • 02-01-2013 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭

Hi

Let's say I have a website called:

Golfsireland.com

Now after a year I decide to set up a UK website with basically the same name apart from the fact I replace Ireland with the uk

golfsUK.com

How do I set this up so it will not interfere with the irish site rankings and that it will target individuals in the uk only?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Im 99% sure you can do this through Google Webmaster tools spec !!!

I,ll research it and get back to u

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭IRE60

Host in UK might be a good start as your TLD is 'generic'.
    As a .com you will be able to use the geo settings in Webmaster tools.
    If you copy is different and uses specifically UK golf courses then I can see why it would upset your current site

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Blindside87

If your setting up a new site it won't interfere with your existing one at all. Unless I am misunderstanding the question :)

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Speculator

IRE60 wrote: »
    Host in UK might be a good start as your TLD is 'generic'.
    As a .com you will be able to use the geo settings in Webmaster tools.
    If you copy is different and uses specifically UK golf courses then I can see why it would upset your current site

Most of the content will be very generic but reworded differently.

• Advertisement
Advertisement