Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorola Xoom

Options
  • 02-01-2013 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Bought Motorola Xoom Tablet as xmas pressie Nov. 1st 2011. from Simply Electronics (I know, I know it was cheapest at the time)
    Roll on Xmas 2012 and Xoom dies. Tried everything , including hard reset. Keeps on rebooting itself.
    Contacted Motorola who told me, when I gave them the S.N., that the item was sourced in Singapore and they wouldn’t deal with me. Told me to contact Simply Elec.
    Contacted them and was told guarantee was up. Asked them would they repair item and he told me to send it back to Hong Kong !!. (I was assured at time of purchase the item was being dispatched from U.K.)
    I know I bought this in Nov but it wasn’t opened till Xmas day. Have I any recourse in this matter or does anyone know where I might get it repaired?.

Thanks
    AleoN

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

It all depends on where they are based. If Ireland then you are protected under Irish consumer law which makes the retailer (S.E.) responsible for resolving problems relating to durability and quality, regardless of where S.E. sourced the goods.

If elsewhere in the EU then you are protected under the host state's consumer laws which as essentially similar but not identical.

If outside the EU then it's a whole lot tougher because EU law doesn't apply.

[Edit]
    I see their address is in Hong Kong, not looking good for enforcing your EU consumer rights

SimplyElectronics Limited
    1501-1508, Millennium City 5,
    418 Kwun Tong Road,
    Kwun Tong, Kowloon,
    HongKong

[/edit]

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭AleoN

Thanks for that slimjimmc

Its as I feared. The moral of the story is AVOID SIMPLY ELECTRONICS at all costs because when something goes wrong they just dont want to know.
    I would never again have any dealings with them.

AleoN

Advertisement