Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Browning 725

Options
  • 02-01-2013 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭

Anyone here have or saw or tried the new Browning 725, price etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 GADWALL

Hi,
    I have a B 725 HUNTER .

28 inch. I have used it several times this year , along with my Browning Maxus , which is now Down and unusable in only its second season , awaiting parts .

So , the 725 was taken out more . Boy what a difference , left and rights at teal , long range snipe and wigeon in pich black all falling to it, no problem .

Fits like a glove a joy to use and ejection . My son also has a Lice on this so if he goes out he takes it and also loves it . Did a bit of clay busting , again , fantastic . Not light and not heavy feels JUST RIGHT . I have owned Spanish guns , Fabarms , numerous Berettas , AYAs etc . This 725 FEELS JUST RIGHT .WOULDNT PART with it for sure .

One thing I did change was the Chokes . as soon as the DS EXTENDED RANGE CHOKES, were available I bought 4 , 2 x 3/4 , 1/2 and 1/4 . the standard chokes are way to open. Even the standard 3/4 is only a Cylinder in reality . about 50 stering each , Get them in the post fro the UK no problem .

hope this Helps ,

Gadwall

Cost me €2213

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

GADWALL wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have a B 725 HUNTER .

28 inch. I have used it several times this year , along with my Browning Maxus , which is now Down and unusable in only its second season , awaiting parts .

So , the 725 was taken out more . Boy what a difference , left and rights at teal , long range snipe and wigeon in pich black all falling to it, no problem .

Fits like a glove a joy to use and ejection . My son also has a Lice on this so if he goes out he takes it and also loves it . Did a bit of clay busting , again , fantastic . Not light and not heavy feels JUST RIGHT . I have owned Spanish guns , Fabarms , numerous Berettas , AYAs etc . This 725 FEELS JUST RIGHT .WOULDNT PART with it for sure .

One thing I did change was the Chokes . as soon as the DS EXTENDED RANGE CHOKES, were available I bought 4 , 2 x 3/4 , 1/2 and 1/4 . the standard chokes are way to open. Even the standard 3/4 is only a Cylinder in reality . about 50 stering each , Get them in the post fro the UK no problem .

hope this Helps ,

Gadwall

Good God:)just what I was hoping to hear, where did you purchase, not many or no-one seems to be stocking them. Thanks for the post, much appreciated
    DH1

Good God:)just what I was hoping to hear, where did you purchase, not many or no-one seems to be stocking them. Thanks for the post, much appreciated
    DH1

was that cash or trade in price

Cash , Pat Hayes , Mallow

They are on the shelf of Gun Dealer up the country with a price tag of 2500 , for the Hunter , The Sporter was more again .
    The Sporter felt good also , a heavier gun with a Swolen palm grip , more suited to a pre mounted ( Gun IN SHOULDER) shot .

One other thing I can tell you is that this year , shortly , I expect at the SHOT SHOW in LAS VEGAS , or the Big Gun show In Germany , usualy held in Febuary . Browning are introducing a B 725 , Grade 3 , Different Engraving and Upgraded wood in a Hunter Version , not sure of a Sporter . Ive seen in on a youtube video on test in France . Nice Timber , not sure about the engraving , but the way it shoots I dont care if Angela Merkel was on it , Id still use it .

Any Gun Dealer would be able to order it for you . If you can, try and get your hands on one first . Go to the CLA GAME FAIR , in the UK you will stunned by the ammount of guns you can get your hands on there .
    What County are you in ?.

But do Remember , extended chokes are or upgraded standard chokes are a must . Some after market choke makers are producing chokes for the gun , in the USA . But I believe they dont have the GAS SEAL , BRASS RING on them . this keeps the chokes tight etc .
    The Maxus is always having the Choke come loose .
    So With extended choke its an Inch and a bit you have a 29 inch barrel . so depending on your quarry , you could buy a 26 inch , get the chokes and end up with a 27 inch barrel . with modern cartridge powders there is no difference , or a moderate one , after 20 to 24 inches . A cartridge powder reaches maximum velocity and is all burned up at that stage . a barrel that short would be to light for a lot of shooting , except Woodcock , anyway to each his or her own .

Just one other thing, with the Over Bore barrels I find a Small number cartridge a disadvantage , ie 3 or 4 , just doesnt produce a good Pattern , 5 or 6 is best and I use 8 for Snipe ,

Gadwall

• Advertisement

Cash , Pat Hayes , Mallow

They are on the shelf of Gun Dealer up the country with a price tag of 2500 , for the Hunter , The Sporter was more again .
    The Sporter felt good also , a heavier gun with a Swolen palm grip , more suited to a pre mounted ( Gun IN SHOULDER) shot .

One other thing I can tell you is that this year , shortly , I expect at the SHOT SHOW in LAS VEGAS , or the Big Gun show In Germany , usualy held in Febuary . Browning are introducing a B 725 , Grade 3 , Different Engraving and Upgraded wood in a Hunter Version , not sure of a Sporter . Ive seen in on a youtube video on test in France . Nice Timber , not sure about the engraving , but the way it shoots I dont care if Angela Merkel was on it , Id still use it .

Any Gun Dealer would be able to order it for you . If you can, try and get your hands on one first . Go to the CLA GAME FAIR , in the UK you will stunned by the ammount of guns you can get your hands on there .
    What County are you in ?.

But do Remember , extended chokes are or upgraded standard chokes are a must . Some after market choke makers are producing chokes for the gun , in the USA . But I believe they dont have the GAS SEAL , BRASS RING on them . this keeps the chokes tight etc .
    The Maxus is always having the Choke come loose .
    So With extended choke its an Inch and a bit you have a 29 inch barrel . so depending on your quarry , you could buy a 26 inch , get the chokes and end up with a 27 inch barrel . with modern cartridge powders there is no difference , or a moderate one , after 20 to 24 inches . A cartridge powder reaches maximum velocity and is all burned up at that stage . a barrel that short would be to light for a lot of shooting , except Woodcock , anyway to each his or her own .

Just one other thing, with the Over Bore barrels I find a Small number cartridge a disadvantage , ie 3 or 4 , just doesnt produce a good Pattern , 5 or 6 is best and I use 8 for Snipe ,

Gadwall

Thanks for the info, I am in Limerick, funny enough I was talking to Pat Hayes during the week, he said he does not do them or words to that effect, calling into him Tuesday to get some ammo, so will have a chat with him. That is the cash value, trade they are about 2,500. It will be mainly for rough shooting,pheasant/woodcock,snipe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Dalken

I shoot a 525 at the moment but the 725 is defo one I'd consider in future. Tried the Hunter model in Lakeland, very nice gun, lower action profile is a considerable improvement imo and there is a new trigger system. I'd recommend you wait a while though before buying one, for one thing I know the Cynergy gave problems, Id wait until the next generation 725s are out when you get nicer wood etc and any gremlins have been ironed out.

Dalken wrote: »
    I shoot a 525 at the moment but the 725 is defo one I'd consider in future. Tried the Hunter model in Lakeland, very nice gun, lower action profile is a considerable improvement imo and there is a new trigger system. I'd recommend you wait a while though before buying one, for one thing I know the Cynergy gave problems, Id wait until the next generation 725s are out when you get nicer wood etc and any gremlins have been ironed out.

Thanks for that, food for thought

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 Owelfisherman3

Lad in my club has 1.he let me have a shot with it lovely gun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

Thanks for the info, I am in Limerick, funny enough I was talking to Pat Hayes during the week, he said he does not do them or words to that effect, calling into him Tuesday to get some ammo, so will have a chat with him. That is the cash value, trade they are about 2,500. It will be mainly for rough shooting,pheasant/woodcock,snipe.

If your in limerick , fella of the sampsons at lazy dog in knock long might do this.

• Advertisement

shaka wrote: »
    If your in limerick , fella of the sampsons at lazy dog in knock long might do this.

Cheers no he has'nt one, Liam in Knocknagoshel is loooking after me,he is a browning agent
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭cocobear

I know this is a bit of thread, but you all seem to be very knowledgeable,
    I have a Remington 1100, in mint condition, what is its value?
    (5 shot semi auto)
    Thanks

Hi COCOBEAR,
    firstly , a clue to its age and how many shots fired would also help .
    Does it have a synthetic or timber stock ?.

AS for the B 725 , Higher grade and other model 725s now listed on Browning site .
    Note the UK Hunter model has a different shape forend and Grip.
    I prefer the early style grip myself , taking it out for High Tide and a Teal and Wigeon Hunt Right now ,

Cheers .

One more thing ,
    its a 3 Shot Semi auto ! if its 5 shot its illegal .
    If the Reducer or Magazine plug was removed Insert it right away .

As I understand the law you can get a Deragation for 5 shot capacity from your local Super . With GOOD reason , .
    your standard Firearms Cert would only be for a 3 shot Capacity shotgun .

Hi COCOBEAR,
    Does it have a synthetic or timber stock

Age about 1985, timber stock, I would say about 750 rounds max fired.
    Mint condition, negligible scratches, well oiled and cared for.

One more thing ,
    its a 3 Shot Semi auto ! if its 5 shot its illegal .
    If the Reducer or Magazine plug was removed Insert it right away .

As I understand the law you can get a Deragation for 5 shot capacity from your local Super . With GOOD reason , .
    your standard Firearms Cert would only be for a 3 shot Capacity shotgun .

Yes it is a 5 shot, magazine plug is fitted to reduce to 3 shot.

Hi COCOBEAR,
    Does it have a synthetic or timber stock ?.

AS for the B 725 , Higher grade and other model 725s now listed on Browning site .
    Note the UK Hunter model has a different shape forend and Grip.
    I prefer the early style grip myself , taking it out for High Tide and a Teal and Wigeon Hunt Right now ,

Cheers .
    Let us know how you get on Pic's;)

Let us know how you get on Pic's;)

i hoping for the 725 hunter lite

B 725 light is a nice gun .

Tonight , Junior Dropped 2 single Snipe with 725 , I dropped 1 drake Teal .

Lots of Duck about But , not in range , to high and to far .

pics att , or at least I hope so , not of 2 snipe and 1 Teal , thats a light bag ,

Enjoy ,

First Triple at Mallard , 2 flights , evening and Morning a Storm last January , Teal Mallard Wegion and Shoveler , Junior Dropped a few of these .

My Dog , a lovely dog , could enter the English Channel swim Record attempt everytime he hits da water , Great swimmer a Little hard of hearing .

B 725 light is a nice gun .

Tonight , Junior Dropped 2 single Snipe with 725 , I dropped 1 drake Teal .

Lots of Duck about But , not in range , to high and to far .

pics att , or at least I hope so , not of 2 snipe and 1 Teal , thats a light bag ,

Enjoy ,

First Triple at Mallard , 2 flights , evening and Morning a Storm last January , Teal Mallard Wegion and Shoveler , Junior Dropped a few of these .

My Dog , a lovely dog , could enter the English Channel swim Record attempt everytime he hits da water , Great swimmer a Little hard of hearing .

Thanks for the input and the pictures, good shooting, looks like it will be the 725 next week, all the research and info I received did not have anything negative to say. Thanks again
    DH1

• Advertisement

Regards the 1100 Remi .

My guess would be and its just a guess, €500 to €600, unless you meet somebody who falls in love !,

cheers

YOur welcome .

I always found Browning guns to be to large , long stocks , heavy , etc 525, but the 725 is just Spot on and feels Solid, like it will last .

PLEANTY of Blank nights and early mornings to go with those nice bags of Birds and the pics dont convey the Cold hands , rain drops washing down the back of the neck , or the 2 drowned Mobile phones and 1 drowned gun , not 725 this season alone . Wouldnt trade those feelings for all the pheasants in the woods of Ireland , Im a Duck man through and through, tales for another thread !

Regards the 1100 Remi .

My guess would be and its just a guess, €500 to €600, unless you meet somebody who falls in love !,

cheers

Thank you.

YOur welcome .

I always found Browning guns to be to large , long stocks , heavy , etc 525, but the 725 is just Spot on and feels Solid, like it will last .

PLEANTY of Blank nights and early mornings to go with those nice bags of Birds and the pics dont convey the Cold hands , rain drops washing down the back of the neck , or the 2 drowned Mobile phones and 1 drowned gun , not 725 this season alone . Wouldnt trade those feelings for all the pheasants in the woods of Ireland , Im a Duck man through and through, tales for another thread !

Jay'sus you bring back memories, I know what you mean. I had a boat on the Shannon near the estuary for approx. 17 years in the late 70's into the early 90's. Oh many a blank cold wet morning/nights, wader's filling up (nearly always at the start of the shoot)getting caught on the tides,(no mobile phones then:eek:) the old Kelly kettle out on the Islands, night flighting, nothing like flighting widgeon listening to them flying overhead trying to make them out,firing and listening for the splash or thump when they hit the ground. Ya pheasant/woodcock/snipe not a patch on it. Good old dog for company. Those days great memories, like you said,another thread;).again thanks for sharing.

always found Browning guns to be to large , long stocks , heavyThe 525 is a mans gun...ya pair of fairies..!!!

I sure you said that tongue in Cheek , or maybe more Cheek .

But As the Cap Fits so does the Gun OR not , as the case maybe .

I have Both Berettas and Brownings In my Safe , I know which one I would pull out first 1

Oh by the way DALKEN , you didnt metion what gun you use ?.

Quack,

Last year I , Drove all around the shores of the Shannon , north and south . Walked the shores and imagined what it would have been like , Prior to all those factories and private piers, dredging in fill etc . to have shot there in its heyday. even the 70s would have been good . Surely there are places left now where some good shooting can be found ?.

Would love to have shot the Shannon estuary and may do it yet , have it on forshore Licence and bought a boat Just before xmas , must get an engine next .

Wigeion down here are , Educated ! though not to many Educators pay attention to them , they are a tough bird , for a tough breed of shooter.

For me , nothing beats the feeling of being out on the foreshore , in all weathers , watching the flocks of Gloden Plover , up to 1000+ at times dancing in the sky . The sounds , the views, A pair of Peregrines as they dive into a flock of Lapwings , A Kingfisher Struggling In a storm heading into wind and rain as it , Barely makes 5 miles an hour past my nose at eyeball hight , as I crouch in the reeds . or on a still evening a Short eared owl Glides Overhead at 2 or 3 feet . Stay still long enough and who Knows what you will see.
    Pheasant Shooting , sure you will see things and have a good day , but it doesnt Stick to the Soul, like the stentch of slob mud on your Sleeve.

I could go on , but Id better not ,

Might make use of the 4.2 mtr tide again this evening !

Quack .

Last year I , Drove all around the shores of the Shannon , north and south . Walked the shores and imagined what it would have been like , Prior to all those factories and private piers, dredging in fill etc . to have shot there in its heyday. even the 70s would have been good . Surely there are places left now where some good shooting can be found ?.

Would love to have shot the Shannon estuary and may do it yet , have it on forshore Licence and bought a boat Just before xmas , must get an engine next .

Wigeion down here are , Educated ! though not to many Educators pay attention to them , they are a tough bird , for a tough breed of shooter.

For me , nothing beats the feeling of being out on the foreshore , in all weathers , watching the flocks of Gloden Plover , up to 1000+ at times dancing in the sky . The sounds , the views, A pair of Peregrines as they dive into a flock of Lapwings , A Kingfisher Struggling In a storm heading into wind and rain as it , Barely makes 5 miles an hour past my nose at eyeball hight , as I crouch in the reeds . or on a still evening a Short eared owl Glides Overhead at 2 or 3 feet . Stay still long enough and who Knows what you will see.
    Pheasant Shooting , sure you will see things and have a good day , but it doesnt Stick to the Soul, like the stentch of slob mud on your Sleeve.

I could go on , but Id better not ,

Might make use of the 4.2 mtr tide again this evening !

Quack .
    where are you situated out of curiosity

I use a 525 Browning Sporter mostly, ocassionally an old British s/s...I don't like Beretta's to me they're a bit tinny compared to the Brownings although I still rate them a top shotgun, just my preference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭.243

there is a browning 725 on the shelf in griffin hawe in athy,
    very slick,kinda a mix of the 525 sporter style and cynergy,with a large palm swell,

Advertisement