Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SOLID RELIABLE BASS PLAYER LOOKING TO JOIN BAND

Options
  • 02-01-2013 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi,
    My name is Wayne and I am looking to join an already existing gigging band. I would like to join an originals band ideally but would be fine to play covers too.
    I am 28 years old and have played bass in 3 originals band over 10 years. I am currently playing in a band called Standby Lullaby for the last 3 years but am unhappy. In this band I play bass and l am Lead vocalist http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mszCSi1z0Jk but would be happy to sing backing vocals. I write 90% of the bands material. I love the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Thin Lizzy, Queen, Jimi Hendrix, Muse, Audioslave. If any bands are looking for a bass player who is committed and eager to play at any opportunity, please comment. Thank you :) "All You Need Is Love" - John Lennon

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Moved to Musicians Available or Wanted forum. Please read the charter before posting again.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭The Stoles

Hey man,

We are an original alternative rock band based in dublin, we are currently looking for a reliable bass player.

Our age group is between 24 and 31, a link to an acoustic demo we recorded a while ago
    http://soundcloud.com/thestoles/protest-song-acoustic-version

Let me know if youre interested.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 21 snakeater84

"bump"

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭The Stoles

Hey man did you have a look at my previous post?

Hey man, I had a listen to your demo there. It's cool but its just not right for me. Thanks for the interest though!!

• Advertisement

*Bump

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭i 15

hey man i'm currently putting a band together around the material in the link. Am lookin for someone eager to be creative when it comes to the process. I love all the bands you mentioned but am looking to throw genres up in the air and see what happens in the downfall.
    Before i tell you more about whats planned have a listen and if its something you think you could buzz off we can take her from there.
    luke.
    www.soundcloud.com/i15
    (all tracks were home recorded)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭davemcgeown

hey, i know you said already gigging band but we all just left our bands to start this. One of our members works for POD so we have great opportunities for support gigs for alot of established bands.
    Both folk influenced and rock influenced band looking for Bassist and backing singer to complete line-up,need someone who is dedicated and willing to work hard. the demo's are very rough just recorded in my bedroom without the rest of the band and nowhere near what the songs are like now.

Band Genre: both folk influenced and rock influenced, a blend of the two.
    Band Location : we have our own studio in south dublin , Ballymount industrial estate
    Influences: Jeff Buckley. Bright Eyes, Tim Buckley, Radiohead,
    Available Sound Samples: http://soundcloud.com/dave-mc-geown/sets/bedroom-songs

thanks for taking the time to listen :)

bump

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Jakuen

Hey dude! Are you interested in a busking band in Dublin? We wanna play covers to start with and go forward from there. It's me, guitar + voice, and a cajon player at the moment, we're both around 24 and need a reliable bass player .

Advertisement