Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 mth old, one leg longer than other

Options
  • 03-01-2013 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭

At PHN visit today she said one leg was 1.5cm longer than the other and that we mag need x rays to see if hips are okay.
    Anyone else experience this?
    Apparently its not that uncommon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭jingler

Hi Nino,
    Did the nurse mention Hip Dysplasia? Our firstborn had this but it was caught while still in the maternity hospital. She had an xray at 4mths and her right hip was out. At 5 months she started treatment and it was all over by the time she reached 11 months. It is common enough and more common in girls, I was told.
    I think there is a support thread on here.....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=67767648

Best of luck- hope all goes well for you and your little one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

My brother had one leg longer than the other when he was a baby. It wasn't a hip issue in his case. He had an operation to rectify, and was completely perfect afterwards. That was 20 years ago... No back problems, no balance problems, perfect. They can do great things with hips and legs.

Advertisement