Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Translucent powder?

• 03-01-2013 1:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭

For ages I've used a loose translucent powder from rimmel to set my makeup; I've had the current pot for so long the name has worn off the label! I've searched in a few Boots shops for a replacement but from what I can see, it's been discontinued.

So, any recommendations for an alternative? I have a pressed powder from mac which will do for now, but I'd much prefer a translucent one as it seems to suit me better. I don't have any real brand loyalty so all suggestions welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

ELF do a translucent powder, I think it's their studio line, it's called HD something.

Catrice also do a translucent powder in a compact, it's quite good and less than a fiver as far as I remember. I think it's called skin fix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

The HD powder from Elf is nice but can give a slight white cast sometimes!

I'm obsessed with the setting powder from Lush, it's incredible and I try A LOT of powders! At the moment it's half price in Lush so less than 8 quid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Essence do a loose translucent powder for about €4, it's good but can be a bit... powdery.... if that makes any sense!

Boots no 7 Perfect Light loose powder in translucent. I usually hate absolutely everything about this brand, but this is the only one I've tried that results in no colour change at all. Lasts forever too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Pippy1976

Essence do a loose translucent powder for about €4, it's good but can be a bit... powdery.... if that makes any sense!

I'd been using Rimmel powder for a while but ran out. I thought it was the perfect opportunity to try a new brand / type.

I bought the Essence powder and while it's good I don't think I'd buy it again for the very same reason you mentioned above. I tend to leave a trail of it behind me from the brush. It's extremely loose and fine and gets everywhere.

I like the sound of the Lush one though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭alibride

i got a 17 brand one - it was recommended by a make up artist i had for my wedding 5 yrs ago and i still love it!! you can get it in boots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I looked up the Lush powder but was put off by the size of the pot; it's the same size as the pot for the lip scrub, so it'd be tiny! I'd rather have a decent-sized product.

I bought a Max Factor powder over the weekend, purely because it was on offer and it was the only translucent powder I could see in boots. It's fine, it'll do for now, but I don't think it's as nice as the Rimmel was. It's a bit heavier or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

The ELF one is brilliant. I dont think it gives me a white colour, even when I put it over darker makeup when I'm wearing tan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

jokettle wrote: »
    I looked up the Lush powder but was put off by the size of the pot; it's the same size as the pot for the lip scrub, so it'd be tiny! I'd rather have a decent-sized product.

I bought a Max Factor powder over the weekend, purely because it was on offer and it was the only translucent powder I could see in boots. It's fine, it'll do for now, but I don't think it's as nice as the Rimmel was. It's a bit heavier or something.

I know it's small but does last a while and the finish is second to none!

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

The best one I've found by far for me is Makeup Forever's HD powder. Makes my skin look airbrushed or something. BUT it is very pricey, around the €50 mark I think. I use mine maybe 2/3 times a week and have nearly a full tub left after 3 months though! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement