Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UL panto was brilliant

• 03-01-2013 2:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭

UL panto was brilliant

Took the kids today to see the panto Cinderella in UL. It featured Twink, Dustin, Leanne Moore, Richie Hayes with Myles Breen and Richard Lynch as the ugly sisters.
    It was really brilliant. Very entertaining, very well done. Not usually a fan of Christmas panto this one was a cut above the rest and we loved it. Loved when the drunken ugly sisters came home from the ball with the curry chips from Donkey Fords

Family ticket down to €60 for 4.
    Well worth dragging the kids out to it ( and mine had to be dragged! )

I loved that my older child "got" all the adult jokes and so enjoyed it on a whole other level to the smallies. Smallest wants to go back tomorrow.....:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I took my six year old to this too and I wasn't expecting much but I have to say that it was a fantastic show, it was very entertaining. I'm not a fan of Twink's normally but I have to say she produced a fine show, the cast were great - Richie Hayes, Leanne Moore and the Ugly Sisters :D

We're heading to Limerick Panto Society's - 'Beauty and the Beast' at the weekend. We've been attending their shows for the last few years and they are normally hilarious!

Emma O'Driscoll from 'the Den' is appearing this year, my daughter is a big fan of Emma's. I think she has a wonderful way with young children and she is always very friendly and approachable.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

My daughter is a dancer is the UL show :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I took my six year old to this too and I wasn't expecting much but I have to say that it was a fantastic show, it was very entertaining. I'm not a fan of Twink's normally but I have to say she produced a fine show, the cast were great - Richie Hayes, Leanne Moore and the Ugly Sisters :D

We're heading to Limerick Panto Society's - 'Beauty and the Beast' at the weekend. We've been attending their shows for the last few years and they are normally hilarious!

Emma O'Driscoll from 'the Den' is appearing this year, my daughter is a big fan of Emma's. I think she has a wonderful way with young children and she is always very friendly and approachable.

We went to see beauty and the beast last night and thought it was brilliant! Best performance we've been to, lots of local jokes , tim was fantastic as usual as madame croissant and emma was amazing and really connected with the audience. Well worth going to see! !
    The limetree theatre is far superior to uch and the accoustics were amazing. Definately would recommend going to see something there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

angeldaisy wrote: »
    We went to see beauty and the beast last night and thought it was brilliant! Best performance we've been to, lots of local jokes , tim was fantastic as usual as madame croissant and emma was amazing and really connected with the audience. Well worth going to see! !
    The limetree theatre is far superior to uch and the accoustics were amazing. Definately would recommend going to see something there.

Haven't seen Beauty & the Beast but I was there for the Plough and the Stars and think the LimeTree theatre is a superb theatre. Pity that it seems to have contributed to the closing of the Belltable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭EMTFlynn

Did anyone go and see jack and the beanstalk at the belltable?

• Advertisement

oh no it inist

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭dcmm

Wholeheartedly agree that the panto in U.L.was very ,very good. It was a treat
    to watch ,Richie is so talented,he can do anything onstage. His singing was
    really ,beautiful ,hope to hear a lot more from him.
    Twink was brilliant really enjoyed her as did my hubby an two grandkids.
    A really enjoyable performance all round for all involved in this,highly recommend it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

angeldaisy wrote: »
    I'm just after returning from Beauty and the Beast, it was absolutely brilliant but it is a great show every year. I wholeheartedly agree with you about Tim Cusack, he is an absolute howl, he is the star of the show every year.

My family and I attended three pantos this Christmas - Cinderella (UL), Little Red Riding Hood (Glór, Ennis) and Beauty and the Beast (Limetree Theatre) and we all agreed that the Limerick Panto Society wins hands down.

It was our first time in the Limetree Theatre, it's a beautiful theatre. I'm looking forward to attending lots of other shows there in the future, it is a wonderful addition to the city :)

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

Went to beauty & the beast too,thought it was brilliant :D Limetree theatre is fab too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

EMTFlynn wrote: »
    Did anyone go and see jack and the beanstalk at the belltable?

I didn't even know that was on and I'm usually clued in about these things.

Went to Cinderella, it was very well produced, I brought a 15 and 13 year old with me and the 15 year old really got into it. The 13 year old was much too cool for it :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 RobinsReturn

phog wrote: »
    Haven't seen Beauty & the Beast but I was there for the Plough and the Stars and think the LimeTree theatre is a superb theatre. Pity that it seems to have contributed to the closing of the Belltable.

The Belltable closed because of problems that were there long before the Lime Tree opened. Such a pity to see it closed, but at least there is an alternative in the city centre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

The Belltable closed because of problems that were there long before the Lime Tree opened. Such a pity to see it closed, but at least there is an alternative in the city centre

When did it close? I was there just before Christmas?

- Thats an awful shame?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

I'm not blaming the closure of the Belltable solely on the Lime Tree but I think it contributed even at a level of there being extra theatre seats available in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 RobinsReturn

Raiser wrote: »
    When did it close? I was there just before Christmas?

It was in the papers last week. I think it was due to close after the panto finished

Advertisement