Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any good J-Rpgs on PS3?

Options
  • 03-01-2013 3:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

Well? title is self explanatory :P

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,421 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Disgaea 4 is terrific. Can't recommend it enough. Gives as much as you're willing or able to put into it!

Ni No Kuni is out in a matter of days. Studio Ghibli art and Level 5 gameplay - oh yes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Valkyria Chronicles, Eternal Sonata, Demons Souls, Dark Souls, Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice, Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Tales of Vesperia...if you can find a copy :(
    Blatter wrote: »
    Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Valkyria Chronicles, Eternal Sonata, Demons Souls, Dark Souls, Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice, Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten

Get it....just do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Tales of Vesperia...if you can find a copy :(

Get it....just do it.
    And if you can read Japanese/get a patch for it!

Vesperia was a JP only release for the PS3.

Tales of Graces is the one you want for ps3.

Ones that weren't mentioned include:
    Dragons Dogma (very good but almost WRPG-ish though)
    Star Ocean (ok, but not great)
    Resonance of Fate (interesting combat system but it never really grabbed me)
    3D Dot Game Heroes (A rather good Zelda clone)
    Nier (huge cult following on the internet)

I'd also second Valkryia Chronicles and the 2 Disgaea games. Fantastic games.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭mr.noobie

Funny enough Valkryia Chronicles is the first thing I plan on getting :P I already have Tales of Vesperia on the xbox plus more or less any j-rpgs that have been released on it, that's why I've moved to see what the PS3 has to offer, I wasn't aware of Tales of Graces I'll have to check that out

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Disgaea 4 is terrific. Can't recommend it enough. Gives as much as you're willing or able to put into it!

Ni No Kuni is out in a matter of days. Studio Ghibli art and Level 5 gameplay - oh yes!

Cant frigging wait for that

Advertisement