Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rob Jones (Books)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Got something upstairs alright. Remember his debut, was live on the box, one minute 4th division for Crewe, next minute, debut at Old Trafford and mark Ryan Giggs in his pomp out of the game. One of the only decent things Souness ever did as manager of LFC.

Not read the book mind, looks decent though, think i saw Dan Roan of BBC retweet about it recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Fine player I have to admit. Came across as sound bloke too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Rob Jones was the player I wanted to be through my teens.

Must pick this up for the kindle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

His career highlight has to be playing at Tolka against Shels in a pre season friendly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Ya I remember his debut also, a real rags to riches story even back then when that thing happened from time to time, Roy Keane being another high profile one, whenever I picture Rob Jones it is always with that shocking Green jersey they had around then, possibly the worst football shirt ever, he was a very good full back, awful pity how it turned out for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

liverpool-11.bmp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

He was very unlucky having to retire so young. Good to see he is doing alright now.

I waited years for Rob Jones to score his first goal for Liverpool - sadly, it never arrived.

Advertisement